ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

transferring pictures

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/11/10 10:24 PM Views: 1402 Replies: 5
Thursday, February 11, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Several in my class, who live or winter in Florida, had a get-together this week and one of the participants sent me 15 pictures of the event by email.
I was going to place them on the home page for all of the class to see.

But, when I right click on each picture to save to a file, I get the message-- The system cannot find the file specified.

Can someone tell me how I can get these pictures to my class site.

Thank you.

Thursday, February 11, 2010 at 10:30 PM - Response #1

So they are just sitting in an email currently still, correct? If you can't right click and save them one at a time, is there some sort of group save option in whatever email software you are running? I.E. can you click on one thing associated with the message and save all of the attachments at once? You may not be able to right click and save those images due to your email program's security settings. You might have to go through your software's Preferences and change those settings.

Once you've got the photos saved I recommend clicking on Gallery Creator and using the new Photo Gallery Creator to upload the images for all to see. With Gallery Creator you can shift-click all 15 images at once and built a gallery in just a few seconds.

Thursday, February 11, 2010 at 11:05 PM - Response #2

Yes, they are in the email, IE, Outlook.. I have always been able to just right click on any picture in an email and save it, if I want to.

The only time it doesn't work, is if the author has protected the pictures from being copied or saved.

I thought maybe it was a particular format she used to send the pictures to me..

Can I forward the email on to you ?

Thursday, February 11, 2010 at 11:08 PM - Response #3

Sure go for it.

Thursday, February 11, 2010 at 11:11 PM - Response #4

It went to postmaster@classcreator...

Thursday, February 11, 2010 at 11:16 PM - Response #5

Brad,

I right clicked on one of the pictures in the email I sent you and it let me save it..!

I don't know the reason why it works now and wouldn't in the orginal email..

But, thank you for your time.. Lynda

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.