ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Highlighted profile updates

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/29/10 06:21 PM Views: 1243 Replies: 3
Sunday, August 29, 2010 at 6:21 PM

How about giving people the option of highlighting the text changes in their updated profiles? Most viewers either can’t find the changes or don't want to bother trying.

Sunday, August 29, 2010 at 6:40 PM - Response #1

That's coming after some other updates we're working on, stay tuned.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 12:12 PM - Response #2

Until Brad and team gets changes made, I've added a profile question, "My Profile Updates". I put it at the top of the form, and asked classmates to date the entry, with a note indicating what they updated. (i.e. Sept 8 - added my new job title) Of course, not all will use it, but it's a nice when they do!

I was looking for an answer to a question when I found this post, so on to mine: I've had several notices on the homepage of profile updates recently where the classmate didn't use the question above, and I can't seem to see any change in their profile. The most obvious was for Jay Crabil. He only has his Junior High listed, so it's pretty obvious when nothing changes. I believe this is the 2nd time his profile has come up as "updated" with no changes. Could it be that he is looking at "update profile", and then hitting save with no changes made?

His is not the only profile that appeared on the list without obvious changes, but his is the easiest to use as an example.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 6:10 PM - Response #3

It's easily possible somebody is hitting the Save button or is updating something so minor you're not noticing it. It could be a street address if they're showing that, it could be a phone number, it could be a typo, etc. When we get to this task we'll never be able to show the precise word or words that were updated, but we'll at least be able to show the section of the Profile that was updated -- that will give people a clue as to where to look for the updated information. Even then though something like fixing a typo will still constitute a Profile update. We have no way of knowing if somebody's change was insignificant or a major Profile revision.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.