ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Upcoming BIRTHDAY module

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/15/09 04:08 PM Views: 2303 Replies: 10
Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 4:08 PM

I have seen requests here before to know if there is a way to find out classmate birthdays that the admin might have missed that are no longer on the "Upcoming Birthdays" module. I have suggested Export the classlist, sort on Birthday Month, Birthday Day.

Here is another suggestion for the "Upcoming Birthdays" module. When the module first comes up, show what currently shows (all birthdays starting with TODAY and ending one month from now). Have a "<--" on the left side of the birthday cake graphic and a "-->" on the right side of the birthday cake graphic. These would do PAGING so that the previous month's birthdays or the next month's birthdays would display.

I know it isn't a HIGH PRIORITY feature request, but it would be nice.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 4:09 PM - Response #1

Noted, thank you.

Monday, October 19, 2009 at 1:17 PM - Response #2

I'd like to choose the graphic -- or have no graphic for the birthday list. The cake cartoon doesn't really fit the style of my website. Thanks.

Monday, October 19, 2009 at 6:10 PM - Response #3

Selectable Birthday cakes is actually on our "to do" list. It's behind a variety of things we consider more pressing though, but it is upcoming. Until we get to Birthday Cakes, for the time being the current cake image is going to have to suffice.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 12:07 AM - Response #4

I'm not a complainer, Brad... Just an idea guy.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 2:41 AM - Response #5

Sounds like you and I should be hangin' out then. Smile

Saturday, December 19, 2009 at 1:31 PM - Response #6

Are we eventually going to get the option to limit the Upcoming Birthdays module to display a shorter time span? One month is too long a list on our home page. (you might have already said, but I didn't find that in Search)

Monday, December 21, 2009 at 10:35 PM - Response #7

Right now I see 3 on your home page. I'm assuming you've seen a lot more in previous months. Because this issue is probably going to apply to only 1% or so of current Class Creator sites I'd rather not make it an interface option. I'd rather limit the # to a fixed #. For instance we'll continue showing 30 days worth of Birthdays, but if the # exceeds some set # then we'll only show up to that #. Any suggestions on what that # should be? How about 15?

Monday, December 21, 2009 at 11:22 PM - Response #8

You're looking at the 1961 site that's linked to the View button, not the 1907-2009 one on the ID logo, www.sphsaa-classmates.org. I'm admin on both. I'd say even as many as 20-25 wouldn't be bad and gives about 8-9 days' notice based on today's list there.

I remember an earlier discussion to also display the class year on the Profile Updates list as well as the Birthdays one, like you do on Who's Online:

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?messageid=86E0BD88-ACDA-02F1-A3D8CE2C2B5CF309#86E0BD88-ACDA-02F1-A3D8CE2C2B5CF309

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 at 12:22 AM - Response #9

Added notes for programmer. I grouped the Birthday task with a couple other Birthday items that we'll hit next year when that Task group comes up. Thanks Mary.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 at 11:28 AM - Response #10

Thank YOU!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.