ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

PayPal - Setting it up sucks, need help

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/21/15 03:52 PM Views: 1113 Replies: 5
Monday, December 21, 2015 at 3:52 PM

Our class treasurer and I have both tried to set up a Paypal business account as instructed to do for Event Planner, but lots of unanswered questions. Looks like an EIN takes 4 weeks to do. Then it asks if We want Option A (E-commerce solution) or Option B (HTML Buttons ourselves). Not sure what one we are supposed to do. (We are NOT tech savvy.
Why can't we just share the link to our personal PayPal account in our Event Planner message? They are donations, so not sure why this is not allowed. This is WAY too hard a complicated to set up a Business account and 6% is just too much money to pay CC on top of our ticket prices. Please offer help or suggestions. I am ready to throw in the towel. Thank you!!!! Smile

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 2:39 PM - Response #1

Sorry you're having problems. I set mine up without any problems, but I already had a Paypal account, and I simply turned it into a business account. I believe I just used my SSN as the EIN number. (Our class committee is ok with that). I will look over the steps this evening and see if I can help you. I AM tech savvy (that's my job), so I'm used to helping folk with their issues. In the meantime, maybe someone else will also step up to the plate.

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 3:02 PM - Response #2

If you call under the By Telephone option they typically issue one over the phone:

https://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Bus...-to-Apply-for-an-EIN

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 1:55 PM - Response #3

Karen-
Thanks for your offer of help! What option do we use here with these questions from PayPal?
Option A (E-commerce solution) or Option B (HTML Buttons ourselves).
Thanks!
SAra

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 2:18 PM - Response #4

Option A. You are not adding the HTML button to the site.

Sunday, February 14, 2016 at 12:48 PM - Response #5

SadSadSad I have got to be the worst contributor ever. Are you still having problems? I am so sorry I didn't get back to you like I said I would.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.