ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Sending Email to Class

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/04/12 12:28 PM Views: 1227 Replies: 5
Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I have just noticed that when, in the past, an email sent to the class resulted in a member having the email to him bounced, that the word "bounced" shows by his name in the mailing list. I can not now check the block by his name to include him in a class mailing. How do I get rid of the "bounced" designation so that the classmate will be included in future mailings?

Thanks,

Lee Gilmore

Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 12:38 PM - Response #1

First, you need to read the bounce message associated with his email to determine why the message bounced, so that you can report it to the classmate if he needs to do something (such as empty his inbox or enter a corrected email address). The reason for the bounce is usually listed in the last few lines of the section marked "Transcript".

To remove the block, the classmate whose address bounced has to make sure his email address is working properly, and then he has to log into the site and click the link to have the site send him an email to verify that he can indeed receive emails. Once he receives that email he has to click on the link it contains to remove the block. You cannot remove the block for him.

Friday, October 5, 2012 at 12:25 PM - Response #2

Thanks for the info, but this makes no sense at all. Whenever I get a bounce notification I immediately call the person to determine the problem and get it corrected, be it a bad email address or anything else. It now appears that I either have to write the individual and send him a copy of your response and hope he can get the situation corrected or I have to call and try to explain how he is to correct the problem. It would obviously be much easier if I, as the site admin, could remove the block myself. Please explain why I can't do that and the"logic??" behind it.

Lee Gilmore

Friday, October 5, 2012 at 2:29 PM - Response #3

You as the admin cannot remove the bounce block, because you cannot fix the problem that caused the bounce in the first place.

Sites that repeatedly email addresses that are generating bounces have a very high likelihood of being flagged as spammers, which results in ALL emails from that site being either bounced or marked as spam. By not allowing site admins to remove bounce blocks, we prevent those who would -- through either ignorance or malice -- repeatedly remove blocks and send emails from doing so and causing all sites on our system to be unable to have their email delivered.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 2:08 PM - Response #4

Thanks for the info, but I am still having a problem. Where is the link upon which the classmate is to click in order to send himself an email? I can't find one. Or, is it available only to those who have been bounced?

Thanks,
Lee Gilmore

Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 2:30 PM - Response #5

It only shows up for you if YOUR primary email address has bounced.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.