ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

I broke a thread?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/06/11 12:02 AM Views: 1509 Replies: 7
Sunday, February 6, 2011 at 12:02 AM

I put [title ( [= lt sign) and it apparently broke the thread. That does not show and neither does the text I had after that.

I can no longer edit or do anything with that thread.

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?threadid=73D0C0AD-BE85-0CBE-77C54A13582BC168

Sunday, February 6, 2011 at 12:08 AM - Response #1

I don't see anything wrong with it.

Sunday, February 6, 2011 at 12:17 AM - Response #2

What's the last thing you can read, meaning the very last sentence of my message?

I can't read your reply - my msg is the last thing I can see and even that is incomplete.

Edit: I finally got to see your message in Safari, however, my message is incomplete. There is a whole sentence missing after " strip formatting from" that had the "title" stuff I mentioned above.

FYI: FF, IE, CHROME all have same issue - can't read rest of my message and your reply and "reply" button does not work - turns color, but no edit box - only Safari gets past that point and reply works.

And of course it's working in this thread.Question

Edited 02/06/11 12:32 AM
Tuesday, February 8, 2011 at 1:52 PM - Response #3

And now I broke another thread - and NONE of the browsers can touch it, plus it's again missing about 1/3 of the post.

Guess it doesn't like html "examples" even though preview is fine. Just saw the "code" button, icons tend to not be clear.

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?messageid=41E777E7-FA73-0435-A1B7DD14F247657D#41E777E7-FA73-0435-A1B7DD14F247657D

I'll check later on the XP machine, but that makes 2 for 2 on Win7 x64. I'll try to remember the "code" button next time, although it shouldn't break the thread for me.

Edited 02/08/11 4:08 PM
Tuesday, February 8, 2011 at 4:06 PM - Response #4

No dice on XP machine either - even tried to post a new message, but view does not get past my last post. Guess I have to start a new thread on that topic - if I can remember what I postedShocked

Tuesday, February 8, 2011 at 4:15 PM - Response #5

Jack,

The reason you broke it is because you left a HTML Script open tag without a Script close tag. So the browser knows that everything between the open and close is not displayable so that is why the thread got broken.

Maybe you already knew that.

Kyle

Tuesday, February 8, 2011 at 4:35 PM - Response #6

I made the dumb assumption that posts were "protected". I wasn't trying to be "correct" so I just tossed out pieces for an example.

Then I saw the "code" icon and realized my mistakeEmbarassed.

Can you guys edit/fix it on your end?

Edit: never mind, I see now why I got that weird message with just the /script. But it was in the wrong thread. So I copied that thought and fixed it myself. That was pretty clever.

Strange thing was that I had to press reply when not logged in to post.

Edited 02/08/11 5:17 PM
Tuesday, February 8, 2011 at 6:00 PM - Response #7

Just redid it with code tags and now the code doesn't show up. It's actually there when I go back to edit the post, just not visible.

Am I the first one ever to post with code here?

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.