ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Profile Updates block on multi

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 02/28/09 09:48 AM Views: 1203 Replies: 3
Saturday, February 28, 2009 at 9:48 AM

On the home page, the "Profile Updates" block on our multi-year site www.sphsaa-classmates.org isn't very meaningful since most of our classmates will only recognize maybe one in 50 names displayed. I know there's not a lot of room there but could you show the class year along with the name? If you sacrafice 3 characters you could have it say:

97 Jane Docent 2/28
04 Fred Flintridge 2/26
64 Lisa Thompkins Ga... 2/25

And the same in the "More Profile Updates..." dropdown.

Oh! Same thing on Upcoming Birthdays! Who are all these people??

"Who's Online Now" puts the year at the end and uses 4 characters: (space)'xx but these other two blocks already have the date there.

And when you click on a state in "Where They Live" you don't get any years, either. That's not so bad if it's only a few names--you can click on their name for the year on their profile--but if it's your home state, the list is pretty hopeless to see who you would know. In our case, anyway....

Edited 02/28/09 10:00 AM
Saturday, February 28, 2009 at 12:23 PM - Response #1

All good suggestions, all on Task list except for showing the year when you click on the state in the Where They Live box, which I think is a great idea. Added to Task List, thanks!

Note, the only difference we have is not showing the year before the name. Trying to keep some consistency. In other words when dates are present the name would display like this:

Jane Doe '99 - 2/28

Saturday, February 28, 2009 at 12:39 PM - Response #2

I was just trying to save you some real estate. That's 6 characters vs 3 my way. But it's your show. Do you really need the dash? Should be pretty clear without it.

Saturday, February 28, 2009 at 10:01 PM - Response #3

Oh probably not. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.