ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Uploading forms and documents

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/09/09 03:00 PM Views: 2343 Replies: 12
Friday, January 9, 2009 at 3:00 PM

How does one upload documents to the site so that they can be sent via the sites email address to classmates? Please help.

Thanks

Friday, January 9, 2009 at 7:56 PM - Response #1

1) Go into edit mode for any page and click the chain link icon
2) Click the Upload tab
3) Upload your Word doc and note the resulting file path.
4) Include the link to the Word document in your class wide email so your Classmates can download the file.

Friday, January 16, 2009 at 9:22 AM - Response #2

Can you place a form or doc on a page so it can be downloaded by your classmates.

Friday, January 16, 2009 at 11:08 AM - Response #3

Same instructions as above. Upload your file, and then make a link to it using your chain link icon.

Friday, January 16, 2009 at 11:29 AM - Response #4

thank you

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 9:22 PM - Response #5

Always make sure you put your full web site address or domain name in front of your file path when you link to the file. If you don't include the www.yourwebsiteaddress.com/ first, it will not work.

Friday, April 24, 2009 at 11:27 AM - Response #6

How do I rename the link once I have uploaded a document? I would like the link to say "Ledger" instead of the "/userfiles/File/ledger.xls".

Friday, April 24, 2009 at 3:00 PM - Response #7

Hi Rhonda,

I changed it to Ledger on your Business page. You can sometimes do this in the editor without viewing source by simply typing the wording over the link, however, it is better to click source in the upper left corner and just renmae the second portion of the link. The first part (the A href=) is the actual link you are linking to and the second portion just before the ending tag is the wording. I change the userfiles/File/ledger.xls to Ledger

Ledger

Friday, April 24, 2009 at 3:08 PM - Response #8

Hi Jessica,

I activated the Business page, but when I click on the "Ledger" link, I get an error - Page Not Found.

Friday, April 24, 2009 at 3:13 PM - Response #9

Try again. I added the domain and it must not need to be part of the link. It works fine without it so I removed it.

Friday, April 24, 2009 at 3:22 PM - Response #10

This worked great! Thanks so much!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 5:38 PM - Response #11

I'm trying to place a link on our Reunion page so that those that want to pay and register by mail can download and print the registration form. I have tried what you have said here, but must be missing something. I want to click on the link and have the document appear so that the classmate can print it.

Mike

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 6:12 PM - Response #12

TJ,

I would convert the WORD document to a PDF document. That is a more portable format and your classmates wouldn't require MS Word to print the form.

The steps are these:
Reunion Planner,
EDIT
Type "Click HERE for the registration form" (or similar text)
SELECT the "Click HERE...." message
Click the LINK icon (3rd from right, 2nd row of icons)
BROWSE to find the PDF file on your local hard drive or FILE VAULT if already uploaded
Click on the file in the File Vault you want to open
Click the INSERT button which will insert the file name into the link
Click OK to save the link
Save the changes to your Reunion Planner,
Test the link to see if it works by clicking on your "50 Year Reunion" link and then clicking on your "Click HERE..." text

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.