ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

In Memory Notification

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/12/19 10:37 AM Views: 768 Replies: 6
Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 10:37 AM

As the site administrator, do I receive an email notification when I post to the In Memory section of our web site? I've received notices about other classmates' posts but not mine.

My In Memory post does not show up in the What's New section of the site either. How long after the actual post should it take for it to be listed?

Thanks,

Vinnie

Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 10:54 AM - Response #1

P.S. - It's been about 12 hours since the post.

Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 12:57 PM - Response #2

When an administrator posts to a page using Edit Site pages, there is a box above SAVE CHANGES that says "Notify xx Classmates that this page has been updated."

If your name is on this list, you will receive an email notifying you of the change if this box is checked when you save the post.

To add your name to the list, under the Notify Me settings, select Immediately or Once Daily for "Pages on the site have been added or updated."

Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 2:06 PM - Response #3

Scott,

I didn't use the Admin Edit Site Page function when I posted to In Memory. Used the same function all users have access to. I received an email notifying me an In Memory post was added by all the other classmates...none for me though. My Notify Me settings call for an immediate notice.

Any ideas about why my In Memory post didn't show in the What's New section of the site?

Thanks for your response...

Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 3:15 PM - Response #4

Vinnie,

I can't help you with why your In Memory post didn't show in the What's New section. We do not have the What's New page activated on our site. In its place, we have a custom Latest News page.

Monday, May 13, 2019 at 7:59 AM - Response #5

"I didn't use the Admin Edit Site Page function when I posted to In Memory. Used the same function all users have access to."

This tells me that you clicked the link at the bottom of the In Memory page, "If you are aware of a Classmate who should be added to this page please let us know."

When you click the link associated with the "let us know", it only sends an email to the admin, it doesn't actually post it to In Memory. The Admin who receives the email must verify the information (make sure that someone isn't doing a practical joke, not funny!) and then create the In Memory entry. Only then (and only if the admin checks the checkbox to notify classmates) will everyone be notified who has the option selected on the Notify Me for new In Memory entries.

Monday, May 13, 2019 at 11:32 AM - Response #6

Vincent Gorman wrote:

I didn't use the Admin Edit Site Page function when I posted to In Memory. Used the same function all users have access to. I received an email notifying me an In Memory post was added by all the other classmates...none for me though. My Notify Me settings call for an immediate notice.

Any ideas about why my In Memory post didn't show in the What's New section of the site?

There's two questions here:
First, if you posted an entry under one of the In Memory items (or many other posts), the system 'knows' you posted it - and have obviously seen it - so it won't send you a notify email like it will when someone else posts.

Second, although What's New was supposed to show us all the 'new' things that have changed, it still does not include many 'new' things we'd expect to see.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.