ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Editing Classmate Profiles Page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/17/11 01:12 PM Views: 1180 Replies: 3
Monday, October 17, 2011 at 1:12 PM

Is there a way I can add instructions to the Classmate Profiles page?

I am setting up a multi-yr site but unfortunately do not have access to yr of graduation for a majority of alumni. I have obtained some names from an old school admissions register. Lots of names are misspelled. This register does have Yr of admission to school, however, for all students. I was thinking of including the Yr of admission as part of the last name entry e.g. (Real Name John Adams) School register entry Gohn Aathem, Yr of Admission 1963. Classmate Profiles entry I would make: First name Gohn Last Name Aathem1963. For this to work I would need to instruct the students arriving at the Classmate Profiles pages to search by inputting year of admission in the name search field if they didn't find themselves using "class year" or name search. I m hoping that when the names(despite the misspelling) show up in a list based on yr of admission alumni would be able to recognize them for what they were intended to be.

Edited 10/17/11 1:14 PM
Monday, October 17, 2011 at 6:58 PM - Response #1

There is no content editor window on the Classmate Profiles page, so no instructions can be posted.

You could create a new left-side navigational link called "HOW TO JOIN" or "INSTRUCTIONS" or something else, then give details about how to search for the name first using the year, then click JOIN HERE, then change their name when they join.

If you don't have the correct year, you might want to have a Profile question that the classmate can answer to let you know the correct year. The YEAR field isn't editable by the classmate.

Monday, October 17, 2011 at 10:26 PM - Response #2

After I sent up the Profiles page in our web site, I also decided that I need to know the date of graduation since we had two classes on our site. So I went back into the Profile EDIT pages function, added a field for Class Date and then sent out a letter to everyone to change their profiles and update that field. I worked great and now, when we download the Excel file, we have the field. I hope this answers one way to solve your situation.

Ed Didrickson

Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 7:56 PM - Response #3

Thanks Kyle.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.