ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How to Edit Guest Names for Reunion Events

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/26/15 08:54 PM Views: 1764 Replies: 13
Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 8:54 PM

I will want to print pdf name tags for our reunion dinner. Most people entered their guest's name OK, but some might have only put a first name, or made some other obvious typo in entering it. Is there some way for me (or the classmate him/herself) to edit the guest names after they have paid for the event via Paypal?

Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 4:17 PM - Response #1

Yes. You would go to Event Planner > Dashboard > Funds & Transactions > Edit for the transaction... next to the name of either the member or the guest, click the pencil icon to edit and save the name.

Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 4:46 PM - Response #2

Perfect, thanks!

Friday, May 29, 2015 at 7:25 AM - Response #3

It would be great to be able to use this same procedure to edit the classmate's name! I'd like to use just the nickname for some, and NOT the format of, for example "Thomas (Tom) Smith", but simplify to just "Tom Smith", for his nametag without altering his profile page.

Especially for women with both a nickname and a married name, each in parens, the nametag seems really cluttered.

Monday, June 1, 2015 at 12:59 PM - Response #4

Linda - same is true for the member name as well.

Monday, June 1, 2015 at 1:33 PM - Response #5

Scott - I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong... If I click the pencil icon next to the guest name, I get a box with the existing name to edit. But when I click the pencil icon next to the classmate name all I get is a checkbox with the text "Guest is Classmate" - no edit box for the name.

Monday, June 1, 2015 at 4:15 PM - Response #6

Hi Linda,

Are you editing an existing transaction? What event name and transaction ID are you seeing this on?

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, June 1, 2015 at 4:57 PM - Response #7

Yes, I'm trying to edit existing transactions. The event is called "Events & Registration" (the only event in Event Planner on our site). Take, for example, my transaction #102025, the first one on the list. Every easy to alter my guest's name, should I want to. My if I wanted to edit my name, there is no popup edit box when I click the little pencil icon.

A better example Transaction # 106625, her tag shows "FIRST (NICKNAME) LAST (MARRIED)" - looks very cluttered and is totally unnecessary, since she was always known by NICKNAME in high school. Would like this to carry over to her guest's tag which shows: "HIS NAME Guest of FIRST (NICKNAME) LAST (MARRIED)". A very unwieldy nametag!

I had assumed that the classmate name could not be changed because it ties the transaction to the classmate, but Scott says it's possible...

Thanks for your help! Linda

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 at 5:28 PM - Response #8

I see what you are saying. I thought that would yield a field to change the name. Let me ask the programmer.

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 at 9:10 PM - Response #9

Thanks, Scott. I'll look forward to your answer. Would be great to have a name field we could "tweak".

Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 2:17 PM - Response #10

Linda - please test this. The programmer worked on this last night.

Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 3:04 PM - Response #11

Well, it's getting close... When I edited the names to put the nickname instead of the first name, then chose "Registration Name" as the format, all the Maiden names disappeared from all my name tags.

I think I could work around this by selecting separately the ones for whom I want to just have a nickname and not their formal first name, and editing the nametag field to include their Maiden name as well. I'd have to select everyone else separately and choose the "First Maiden (Last) format, so that they would get all the appropriate names.

Thanks for working on this!

Thursday, June 11, 2015 at 5:51 PM - Response #12
TestDinnerTags.pdf

I've just run another test batch of name tags for our class and have some difficulties, listed below. I've attached a file of nametags illustrating the difficulties.
1. Using Avery 74461 I find that the tags don't print correctly on each nametag blank. In the first row, the top of the picture lines up exactly on the horizontal perforation; second row, moves down a bit, third row down a bit more, and for the fourth row the bottom of the picture aligns with the bottom of the name tag blank. Would be nice to have them more equally spaced!

2. Guest is a classmate: one instance of this currently, but it produces 4 name tags for the two people. (This is Transaction # 1021430) The classmate-guest does get his own tag, but also gets a tag as a guest of the original registrant and then a guest tag where he is listed as his own guest!

3. I appreciate that you've had a field added to allow edit to the classmate name - but this seems to have no effect at all on the nametag for that guest.(This is Transaction # 106625)

4. Many nametags show a "squashed" picture - the aspect ratio is no longer correct. This is true when I choose the name format "First Maiden (Married)", but all the aspect ratios seem correct when I choose the name format "First Maiden". I tried to attach a second file showing the good aspect ratio with the second name format, but it seems only one file is allowed. Unfortunately, I really need to use the "First Maiden (Married" format!

Appreciate help and suggestions! Linda

Friday, June 12, 2015 at 12:55 PM - Response #13

1. Due to the way we format these, it is not an exact science. You may need to change the verbiage a little or even not display certain information to get the test to fit properly. Additionally, we find that the format does work the majority of the time and that when it does not, the admin can typically adjust their printer settings to get the tags to fit. However these settings are specific to each admin's printer.

2. I will report this to the programmer but at least it sounds like a tag is generated.

3. I will have the programmers double check this info.

4. I selected the First Maiden (Married) option to test and my test looked fine. I could not recreated this issue.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.