ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Triple Emails...???

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/09/09 12:43 PM Views: 1550 Replies: 3
Friday, January 9, 2009 at 12:43 PM

I have received a new classmate notification on someone 3 times in a row. I contacted her to see if she was having login problems, she said no...but she is also receiving messages in three's.

Any ideas?

Friday, January 9, 2009 at 1:09 PM - Response #1

Hi Michelle,

Was this one notification email the only one that you and the classmate have received three times or has there been any other notifications on the site that this occurred with? I don't see duplicates going through the system so it may have been a one time hicup on the mail server (where it sent it again because it didn't think this particular notification had gone through.) If you see any other notifications that have duplicates let me know.

Friday, January 9, 2009 at 8:20 PM - Response #2

When somebody finishes signing up, the system sends an email to both you, the Administrator, and to the new Classmate.

Most likely this person hit back on her browser after signing up to review something she had inputted. Then she proceeded forward again, thus sending a second copy of the email to both you and her. And then she did it a third time, sending a third copy. It's rare people back up and go through the steps again, but I've seen it before. I'm nearly certain that's all this is.

Having said that, only your initial emails should have been received in triplicate. I doubt anything else from this point forward is coming in threes. Right?

Edited 01/12/09 7:20 PM
Monday, January 12, 2009 at 1:23 PM - Response #3

Yes, you're right. That is the only instance this occurred.

Thanks for your help! And thanks for putting in the "senior portrait" icon so I can see which ones I've included!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.