ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Page Width?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/14/12 11:28 PM Views: 1398 Replies: 6
Saturday, January 14, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I think I've seen this addressed previously but I don't find it in a search. Is there any way to widen the center column thereby making the right side static section narrower?

Sunday, January 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM - Response #1

The right column stuff is fixed in width. If you use professional format 2 you can make the page(s) wider though.

The next version of CC will let you pick wider formats without resorting to any tricksCool

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 at 7:22 PM - Response #2

I just added a new announcement to the home page, an obituary, but my announcements are now way down the page instead of starting right after the pop out player. I have messed with this for more than an hour now and can not get it right. i have had this happen before and have been able to mess with it and fix it. Isn't there a way to get in to the html for the announcements?
Someone please help!Crying or Very sad

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 at 9:09 AM - Response #3

Helen,

It is fixed. Your "obituary announcement" had widths of 615px (when you click the SOURCE button, you can see all of the widths and search for them). I changed the widths to 385px and it fixed the problem.

Friday, April 3, 2015 at 12:55 PM - Response #4

Quote:

If you use professional format 2 you can make the page(s) wider though.

How do you do this? I don't see any option for changing the width.

Friday, April 3, 2015 at 4:02 PM - Response #5

Jack is talking about special tricks you can use if you know the page programming language. His tricks are not supported by ClassCreator Support. It is something you would need to contact him for and any problems with those tricks, he would need to be the one to answer those questions.

Friday, April 3, 2015 at 7:16 PM - Response #6

Current CC uses CSS vs mostly tables before. To get slightly wider pages now is to use custom CSS - a LOT more flexible.

This is probably no longer necessary. The prior table system was extremely narrow for the time (2010) - 768 vs 1000 now. I got in trouble for critiquing that back then Twisted Evil.

I had to match what I did with the table system so it's now a tad over 1000 because other elements (like the menu) also got wider. I wouldn't do that if I started from scratch now.

The ONLY thing I'd still do is move the right login/optional data over. That gives you a full width HOME page just like everywhere else. AND that actually matches FBCC'a look indirectly supporting that concept Idea Also CSS override and fairly simple.

Paul DeLuca wrote:

Quote:
If you use professional format 2 you can make the page(s) wider though.

How do you do this? I don't see any option for changing the width.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.