ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Duplicate Administrator Listed

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/07/09 01:39 PM Views: 1387 Replies: 6
Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 1:39 PM

I somehow entered myself as site administrator twice. Is there some way to delete one of the entries?
Thanks!

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 3:22 PM - Response #1

Log into your Root Administrator account. Then go into Manage Clasmates and unmake your other self an Administrator. Once your other self is no longer an Admin, you'll be able to delete your second self.

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 10:09 PM - Response #2

I appreciate the fast reply. I have tried deleting all the info in "Details" & "Profile" while logged in as site administrator. Everythis is still blank in "Profile" but when I try to "save" after deleting everything in "Details", it tells me I must enter the first name. Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Thanks.....

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 10:21 PM - Response #3

You don't have to do any of that. While logged in as Root Administrator, go into the Edit Details Screen for your other name and UNMAKE yourself an Administrator by removing your Admin rights. Once you've done this the "Delete" option for that name will reappear, and you can simply click on it to delete your other name.

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 11:10 PM - Response #4

This is what I copied and pasted from my "Details" after opening "Manage Classmates". When I open the "preferences" link, My name is listed twice with no way to delete one. Don't understand what you mean by "unmake" with no way to remove one of my names.

Grant Admin Access:        You cannot remove your own Administrative rights, as you are the Root Administrator. To transfer this to another Administrator, use the Preferences link to your left.

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 11:32 PM - Response #5

1. Log into your main Root Administrator account
2. Click your Manage Classmates link
3. Click the Enter/Edit Classmates button
4. On this page you will see all of your Classmates, including yourself listed twice.
5. Click the Edit link under the Contact Details for your other name that is an Admin, but not the Root Admin.
6. On that page uncheck the box that makes your other name a co-Administrator. Save page.
7. Now you will see your Class List again, but this time your other self will be a regular Classmate instead of an Admionistrator.
8. In the right column where it used to say "Admin" you will now see a "Delete" link instead. Click it. This will remove your other name.

Monday, June 8, 2009 at 12:00 AM - Response #6

Got it, thanks very much for your help!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.