ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Profile Options...

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/25/12 04:42 PM Views: 1168 Replies: 4
Saturday, August 25, 2012 at 4:42 PM

When viewing some classmates profiles I can view an option that lets me see only new updates or all updates, but when I refresh the page it doesn't give me those options. I was wondering if there was a glitch in your system with that feature. Thanks.

Saturday, August 25, 2012 at 4:45 PM - Response #1

No glitch. After you view it, it is no longer "new to you", so it doesn't display again.

Saturday, August 25, 2012 at 5:17 PM - Response #2

Yes, but I figured us as users should have the ability to toggle between those options for future updates, not only when there are new updates.

Monday, August 27, 2012 at 5:30 PM - Response #3

Is this "only new" feature seen by all classmates who have joined the site, or do only the admins see it?

If they all see it, is there an ALL Class Email that someone has used to announce this feature?

Thanks!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 11:16 AM - Response #4

It appears that the system does know if any given profile has seen the updates on another profile. I was able to go to a site and login as an admin, and view their list of profile updates from the home page. Since that admin had not logged in recently, I was able to go to a couple of the profiles that were listed on the profile updates list and see where at the top of the page you are given the option to Display: {radio btn} Everything {radio btn} Only New

These options either show all of the info on the page or shows only the information that was updated recently.

If I leave and return to the page, the system realizes that non of the information is "new to me" and therefore does not give me the display options. (as Kyle pointed out above).

This Display mechanism is available to all members of the site.

I was unable to locate an All Class Email that described the above.

Hope this helps.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.