ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

added member to 'InMemory', but get error

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/27/23 04:33 PM Views: 218 Replies: 9
Monday, November 27, 2023 at 4:33 PM

I added a new entry for one of our recently deceased members, and the name comes up on the InMemory list, but when you click on it I get:

An error has been made in the web address requested. Please check the site address and try again.

Also, in the classmate profile list, the name has no '**' beside it...

I followed the video showing how to, but keep getting the error - what am I forgetting or doing wrong?

Monday, November 27, 2023 at 6:05 PM - Response #1

I get the same error message you get. Classmate is Susan Eppley (Critelli). I don't know why this is occurring. You may wish to go to Admin Functions > Edit Site Pages and resubmit it to see if it was just a glitch.

Interestingly, when I click on your In Memory page, Susan's name is listed. But, when I click on your Classmate Profiles page, there is no ** (the symbol for In Memory) next to her name. Not sure what's going on.

Edited 11/28/23 1:32 AM
Tuesday, November 28, 2023 at 9:13 AM - Response #2

deleted it, then redid it - same error :-\

...probably gremlins?

Tuesday, November 28, 2023 at 1:14 PM - Response #3

I don't think this is a gremlin problem. Somebody from Class Creator admin (likely Jessica) needs to look into this. I'm sorry, I can't help you further. Don't give up. This will get straightened out.

Tuesday, November 28, 2023 at 3:13 PM - Response #4

I will have a programmer take a look

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, November 29, 2023 at 3:18 PM - Response #5

Hi Jaimie,

Gremlin resolved. You can add any other information you had into the entry again. The link is working again. It wasn't anything you did. It was just an odd way it stored in the database when it submitted.

https://www.classcreator.com/Atlanta-GA-...fm?member_id=6388534

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, November 29, 2023 at 4:07 PM - Response #6

Thanks Jessica - I did add obit and comment to it... nice to have that working for Susan. But notice there's two links for Susan on the classmate profiles page - one for her profile and one with the two ** goes to her InMemory page Wink

Also, notice two entries for George Carter only he never made a profile...

Another weird item on a different subject. I changed the 'contact us' email address (via preferences as site email) from Julia (per her request) to one of mine so I can keep up with interests from the site coming thru the contact us link. Did a 'test' contact us, but It never came thru. ...probably messed that up too?

Edited 11/29/23 4:11 PM
Wednesday, November 29, 2023 at 5:31 PM - Response #7

Ok I see what happened. She had two entries. She somehow joined in 2010 and then again in 2014 - there were two entries with the same name, however, some different data. I updated her entry to link to her profile that had the most recent information and made the 2nd entry non displaying just to make sure any prior posts were not removed in case there were any.

I think this is all working correctly now. This actually explains the gremlins earlier - the section was confused by two entries with the same name.

Jessica

Thursday, November 30, 2023 at 9:00 AM - Response #8

The two entries for George Carter still there, only he never made any profiles... a different gremlin?

Thursday, November 30, 2023 at 9:22 AM - Response #9

His name was added to the list twice. I removed the duplicate under

Admin Functions > Manage Classmates > Enter/edit Classmates

Turns out the first one wasn't a Gremlin Smile - she actually had two profiles from two different years on the site.

Since George had not joined this one was easy to clean up by just deleting the duplicate name that had been added by an admin at some point.

Jessica

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.