ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

reunion registration default

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/10/10 06:13 PM Views: 1351 Replies: 2
Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 6:13 PM

hi, we have on the left side column on the home page a page entitled RESERVATION FORM, which they must print, fill out, add a check and mail to us. This is working well. however, someone mentioned they didn't have to fill out our form since they had filled out the defaulted Reunion registration that comes with Class Creator. This particular person thought they could pay at the door for the events not thinking we, the committee, needed to have monies up front, etc. etc.

my question to you is if there is a way to have this defaulted reunion regiatration eliminated on our website. if so, how? thanks for your help in the past.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 6:34 PM - Response #1

Hi Betty, I wonder how many alumni from the various high schools that have sites set up on Classcreator made an assumption that registering on the website, automatically registers them for attending a reunion?

What I'd do is display information & notices that classmates must register separately & pay for tickets upfront, prior to the reunion, and there won't be any tickets available at the door (if that truly is the case).

The question hasn't come up for our multi-year group, but I'm sure someone will show up unannounced at the door, expecting to buy a ticket and join in. Some may even just try to crash the party as has happened in the past (so I'm told). In our case this year, we are having ours at limited capacity venue, so if we're full, fire regs just won't allow more people in than legally allowed. If they show up without a ticket, they're going to be disappointed!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 7:09 PM - Response #2

I'm assuming you answered your own question. You clearly at one point had online registration active. You must have later figured out that yes, you can turn that off, which you also then did. Looks like you're set.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.