ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Yearbook Senior Pictures to Profiles

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/09/09 01:47 AM Views: 2063 Replies: 10
Friday, January 9, 2009 at 1:47 AM

Hi! I know this has been addressed & I've read the old postings, but it seems so tedious & very time consuming that I want to make sure I'm getting this right:

The ONLY way to do this is to Scan the Senior pictures to my computer. This means 34 pages with 20 pictures to a page. I scan the entire page then crop out each indiviual pix & save it to my pc. It takes about 35 minutes to do one page.

Then I have to follow the directions to upload each photo onto each classmates' profile page. Is that right? I'm the class of 64 so we have the typical size Yearbook.

I'm not complaining ..if this is the only way ...it's the only way & I'll keep trudgin' along. Thanks!

Friday, January 9, 2009 at 3:23 AM - Response #1

Bingo! You got it.

At best, the only thing we could do to speed this up is put in a Senior Photo batch uploader. Which we may well do. But that's only going to shave a little bit of the time from this task. Scanning, cropping, and uploading numerous pictures just takes time. Short of getting somebody to help out with the task, I'd suggest you commit to doing 10 per day so ya don't drive yourself completely crazy. Smile The good news is, you've only gotta do it once.

Friday, January 9, 2009 at 11:02 AM - Response #2

Good Morning Brad,
On this same note...I switched from Windows to MacBook 3 mths ago. The pc I used to scan, crop and upload the senior pics to my class website crashed and we lost almost all of our files. Sadly, the file "classcreator mva78" was lost into oblivion. I was working on a transformation page and need to have the yearbook pics to complete this task. Is there any way to download the senior pics that I have already scanned, cropped and posted? I know I can open each individual profile, copy the pic, open my file and save...but is there a quicker way?

Hope your New Year is going well!
--Trish

Friday, January 9, 2009 at 11:31 AM - Response #3

Hi Trish,

There is a link in the Manage Classmates section of the site to download profile photos. It will allow you to download them all at once.

Friday, January 9, 2009 at 11:43 AM - Response #4

Jessica, Support wrote:

Hi Trish,

There is a link in the Manage Classmates section of the site to download profile photos. It will allow you to download them all at once.

This link will only download photos that classmates have uploaded. It doesn't include YEARBOOK photos (unless something has changed recently).

Friday, January 9, 2009 at 2:44 PM - Response #5

Yes, that's the first thing I looked at and you're correct in that it only downloads photos that classmates uploaded to their profile and does not include the profile picture.

Brad - you can help?

Friday, January 9, 2009 at 4:37 PM - Response #6

Hi Nancee,

I did the same thing. I did it over a few cold/snowy days and it went quicker than I thought it would (as luck would have it, I have a fast scanner) and good photo sw (MGI Photo Suite III) so it wasn't bad.

Put on a good movie and have fun with it.

Friday, January 9, 2009 at 7:27 PM - Response #7

It would probably be a good idea to include the senior photos in the batch photo download. Will add to Task List. For now you'll have to right click those photos and save them. If each photo takes 30 seconds to save, that's 2 per minute. You can do your whole class in about 40 minutes. Here's what you do: Go to www.pandora.com and then type in your favorite song and hit play. After it plays your favorite song it will play all kinds of other songs like your favorite song. It's great. The 40 minutes will blow by. Smile

Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 6:51 PM - Response #8

Ya' know, Guys, this Site and the people in it are pretty amazing! Although I did not go into this gently (more like kicking & screaming), what do I find, but my very own therapeutic support group full of empathy & encouragement! Wow, that's really kinda awesome! Thanks, Everyone! Hey - only 9 more pages to go - and, ironically, it's snowing! Very Happy
Take care, Dr. Nancee

Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 8:04 PM - Response #9

By the way, on your Reunion Details page I would cut the number of *********** you have at the very bottom of the page. That many characters in a row without a single space gives the system nowhere to wrap your text, totally blowing out the design of your site. Cutting the number of stars by about half will allow the page to snap back into place like it should be.

By the way, the writing on your site is terrific.

Edited 01/10/09 8:05 PM
Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 1:17 AM - Response #10

Aw, Shucks, ya beat me to it - I had that on "my list", i.e. that in "R D", the templet & test didn't line up. But I would have guessed the culprit to be the Swinging-legged Duck--would never have thought about the " ***** ", so muchas gracias for that!

Oh, the compliment about my "writing": Not sure exactly to what that refers - maybe the "I N, N W", but that's mostly "borrowed". [Ha - crazy to use that phrase; that's like saying, "May I borrow a Kleenex?" - and after it's used, we're going to return it? Not!]

Nonetheless, coming from the "Guru of Cyber Space", the "Head Honcho Who Walks on Website Water", well, that's mighty Praise, indeed. And I Thank Ya for that!
Seriously, appreciate it. Blessings, N

Hey! Only 3 more Pages & then I'm off to uploading to the Profiles - only I keep nodding off ~~ I think I'm getting too old for this! Laughing

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.