ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Suggestion for Event Planner

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 02/21/15 07:53 AM Views: 1036 Replies: 8
Saturday, February 21, 2015 at 7:53 AM

Hi Brad & Team,

Another situation popped up with the Event Planner. One of our classmates bought a ticket for both Friday and Saturday at our reunion. Her husband, however, only plans to come on Friday night. She bought the Friday night ticket, but it's under her name and there is apparently no way to enter his name as a guest. This should be an option. Hopefully we'll be able correct this with manual entry as well.

Thanks for listening! Very Happy

Dave

Monday, February 23, 2015 at 3:07 PM - Response #1

So, if I understand correctly, the person coming to the event on Friday is not the classmate. That is an interesting, and unique scenario. We do not typically see this happen and therefore have the system programmed so that the person buying the ticket automatically has their name attributed to the registration. I will circulate this to see if we can come up with a good solution.

Monday, February 23, 2015 at 3:35 PM - Response #2

Yes, Scott, you are correct. Here's the scenario. We sell a ticket for both Friday and Saturday, as well as an individual ticket for Friday and for Saturday. In this case, the classmate and her spouse are both coming on Friday, but only the classmate is coming on Saturday. She bought a combination ticket for herself and an individual ticket for her husband for Friday. However, the event planner makes it look like she's coming 2x on Friday and by herself on Saturday. I'd like to be able to override the attendee on the Friday night ticket. I don't think manual entry (needed for those who pay offline) will work, as there'd be a cancellation resulting in a refund, right?

Thanks,

dave

Monday, February 23, 2015 at 3:35 PM - Response #3

Yes, Scott, you are correct. Here's the scenario. We sell a ticket for both Friday and Saturday, as well as an individual ticket for Friday and for Saturday. In this case, the classmate and her spouse are both coming on Friday, but only the classmate is coming on Saturday. She bought a combination ticket for herself and an individual ticket for her husband for Friday. However, the event planner makes it look like she's coming 2x on Friday and by herself on Saturday. I'd like to be able to override the attendee on the Friday night ticket. I don't think manual entry (needed for those who pay offline) will work, as there'd be a cancellation resulting in a refund, right?

Thanks,

dave

Monday, February 23, 2015 at 3:39 PM - Response #4

This reminds of a question I had. The reunion question boxes? Because you can't apparently ask different questions for each event, I just asked two questions, each with a text box.

(1) What is your preferred nametag listing (e.g. John Smith, spouse of Amy Jones Smith '80)

(2) Do you have any special dietary needs? (e.g. gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan) Classmate leaves blank, or writes none OR writes description.

I'm hoping that this information will be printable in a table to check people in at the events. Also I would like to use this information to print nametags in some automated way.

Will this be possible eventually?

Monday, February 23, 2015 at 3:43 PM - Response #5

I'm still trying to figure out how to register classmates who are having difficulty with online registration or they simply want someone to register them (and mail in a check).

Please advise how to deal with these situations. I registered one classmate but because it's completed under my profile, that classmate doesn't show up with an icon that says "attending reunion"

Monday, February 23, 2015 at 4:38 PM - Response #6

Kathy, we are working on an addition to the Event Planner that will allow you to register as members/ for members. This will be added soon. In response to your earlier question about having that info printable for check in, that kind of registration information will be available once we have the reports that we are building ready.

Monday, February 23, 2015 at 4:46 PM - Response #7

Thanks for your speedy reply, Scott. This conversation thread reminds me of another question. How do you delete orders completely?

In trying to test the reunion registration I registered myself several times. I was able to change the orders to 'zero' but not eliminate the erroneous orders completely

I'm guessing all the tallies will be correct, but the transactions page looks a little messy.

If I can't fix it myself, can I just give you the transaction numbers to delete?

Monday, February 23, 2015 at 4:56 PM - Response #8

Right now, even if you delete the order, we still have it there in a visible state as a record of the transaction. This may still change at some point.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.