ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

bitmap image

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/12/08 10:07 PM Views: 1472 Replies: 3
Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 10:07 PM

I am trying to upload a piece put together to memoriaize a classmate killed while we were in school. I am trying to put it on a custom page and am following the instructions for uploading photos. I get a message that says "type image URL". I don't know what this means but did notice that it is a bitmap image. How do I upload this so that others can see it? Thank you.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 10:14 PM - Response #1

bmp images are uncompressed -- which means they are very large. You're not waiting long enough for your large bmp image to transfer after you click the "Send It To The Server" button. If you want to upload really large uncompressed images like bmps you just have to sit and wait it out until your image finally transfers.

You can speed up the process a ton by reducing your image to 1,000 pixels wide and saving it in the JPEG format instead. Our system is just going to resize your super large bmp and save it as a jpeg anyway. Might as well save yourself the huge upload time.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 10:20 PM - Response #2

By the way, if any of you don't have an image resizing tool installed, you can download a fantastic free one at www.irfanview.com.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 10:40 PM - Response #3

Thanks again Brad! As usual, you are a genius!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.