ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

I WISH!!!!

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/23/12 09:20 AM Views: 1334 Replies: 15
Monday, April 23, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Every time I want to check out my vault, which isn't often, I have to jump around through all these hoops to get to it. I have just spent 15 minutes trying to get to it and I have to go to work.

Isn't there a simple link in admin section that can take us to OUR VAULT? Why must it be so complicated?

This is the only real complaint I have re: Class Creator. Other than this, it is a fabulous product.

Monday, April 23, 2012 at 11:07 AM - Response #1

This is not an uncommon complaint. Because of the way the file vault is set up to interact with the content editor, we'd have to make some modifications to the way the file vault is displayed in order to provide access to it from outside the editor. I don't know where on our priority list for future development this is, but I do believe it is on there somewhere.

Monday, April 23, 2012 at 11:25 AM - Response #2

You can't get to an IMAGE vault unless you are in CONTENT editor, which has to do with either (1) a customizable page (mine were used up within two weeks) or (2) a survey repurposed link.

And of course this morning, that won't even work. However, I am not blaming you. I work on a computer that has the same amount of RAM as my phone so some things just don't happen.

I had a classmate upload pictures, I am happy about that. But I do want to make sure there are no duplicates in there.

Monday, April 23, 2012 at 12:50 PM - Response #3

You CAN directly access the file vault. I posted how to do this HERE

For IMAGE you need to make minor changes as noted.

The thing to remember for IMAGES is that it is up to YOU to resize them correctly depending on the page (home vs the rest).

Edited 04/23/12 12:51 PM
Monday, April 23, 2012 at 4:31 PM - Response #4

I have tried everything and now I can't even get to the vault via the "long cut." Is there something going on that I don't know about?

Monday, April 23, 2012 at 4:39 PM - Response #5

Everything works on my end as advertised.

Are you on a Mac? (Not that should make a difference, but who knows.)

Could be you need to reboot and make sure you are current on Java.

Monday, April 23, 2012 at 4:42 PM - Response #6

I use Google chrome on a PC. Might need a Java update. I just want to see my vault!

Monday, April 23, 2012 at 4:44 PM - Response #7

There are problems with Chrome browser that have been reported here. It doesn't seem to work well with the editor that is used by ClassCreator. I recommend Firefox

Monday, April 23, 2012 at 4:49 PM - Response #8

It's never been a problem and I adore Chrome. But I will download Firefox and attempt to use it for this site. Will let you know if I am still having issues. Thank you.

Monday, April 23, 2012 at 5:18 PM - Response #9

Well, I now have Firefox and it did work. Kyle, I have a question. Looking into the vault, and I am not sure I understand this completely, I see the uploads of the items (clippings etc., some pictures) that I have uploaded to use on some of the survey links which I have re-purposed for various topics. I.e. the "Hall of Honor."

Now here is my question and if I should know this I apologize, but I don't see the pictures that I/we have uploaded into our "galleries." Are those counted in my space, and if so (or not) and I approve pictures others have uploaded, I want to keep an idea of what all is in there.

I had a sibling of a deceased classmate upload a whole bunch of stuff last night. She is a guest member and she got her hands on a whole lot of stuff! Really cool stuff and I understand more to come.

She has rightly arranged these in galleries (see Band and Flyerettes, her sister was a Flyerette) and I was concerned and she rescanned and re-added, which was a good thing. (And it took a lot of time!)

That's what sent me to the "vault" and started this whole thing, and I don't see these pictures in the vault at all. Are the galleries NOT in the vault? One would think they are as at the bottom of the Gallery Creator, you always see the % of usage.

NONE of my uploaded pics of the reunion, or our get-togethers from today are in the vault. If they are counted and people duplicate or upload something I change my mind about later, how would I make sure they are NOT IN THE VAULT????

I guess I am a little confused as to what is there (that I can see) and what is there that is not within my ability to see.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Denise

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 10:19 AM - Response #10

There are two primary ways to get into the file vault from the editor, and each shows you something different. When you use the Link button, you see non-image files. When you use the Image button, you are shown images, and at the top of the vault window is a link to display Galleries, and each gallery link shows the images in that gallery.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 11:06 AM - Response #11

Hi Denise,
Somewhere in my memory bank is a view of the File Vault. One day, I noticed at the very top left a file folder which had all uploaded classmates folders.

Let's see if this helps. Here is a screen shot of a file vault on one of my sites:

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 11:45 AM - Response #12

OK, Eric and Gwen, I got there (via Firefox, I had to remember that). Now, if I want to delete images--this is just culling, how many pictures of our junior high cheerleaders do we need? save the best one!), I can see them as images but don't know how to delete them. I realize that I will probably spend a whole day at this, but it's time to take out some duplicates and free up space for some of the COOL new things people are finding!

How can I delete them? Or do I do it from the gallery itself and it will show up (or not show up, as is the case) in the vault?

I think I am figuring this out. But....Eric and Kyle, I DID have to use Firefox!

Denise

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 11:47 AM - Response #13

To edit/delete gallery images, you have to go to the Gallery Creator. For everything else, the File Vault itself will have delete links on the right hand side.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 11:57 AM - Response #14

That's what I thought Eric, and I will set some time aside to sit down and study this and do it. (I need to do it when the retired husband is volunteering!)

Thanks for all your help and I certainly did learn about the Firefox thing. Not completely sold on it as my default browser, but do what we have to do!

Denise

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 12:58 PM - Response #15

Denise Derge wrote:

OK, Eric and Gwen, I got there (via Firefox, I had to remember that). Now, if I want to delete images--this is just culling, how many pictures of our junior high cheerleaders do we need? save the best one!), I can see them as images but don't know how to delete them. I realize that I will probably spend a whole day at this, but it's time to take out some duplicates and free up space for some of the COOL new things people are finding!

How can I delete them? Or do I do it from the gallery itself and it will show up (or not show up, as is the case) in the vault?

I think I am figuring this out. But....Eric and Kyle, I DID have to use Firefox!

Denise

Denise,

I went through over 400 photos recently from our class reunion - deleting and editing. I found it easier to download all photos to my computer to do it. Then upload the photos I want to keep - that tell the story.

What I did was:

1. to set up folders for each subject or event.
  2. Then I chose the best of the duplicates by opening two windows side-by-side to choose between more than one of the same subject. (Also, I edited out backends, removed blurred photos and cropped photos to the subject of the picture rather than all the backs, walls and such.)
  3. Next I put them in order by renaming them... 3CC001, 3CC002 and so on. (ex. 1Tour001... 2Gambler001...) The number at the front of the file name is the order in which the events took place: Tour (1), welcome at the Gambler (2)and dinner at the Country Club (3).
  4. When I have everything ready to upload, I will save a second copy of all the photos on a portable hard drive; remove the same hundreds of photos from the site and upload the work I completed.
End result... a good photo presentation and more vault space.

This sounds like a lot of work, yet once I got into it... it was a breeze.

I stopped just before uploading. I believe I want to add it as a slide show but my thoughts are more on my job search than the how-to of slide shows.

When you get started on your photos, let me know. It will be a good nudge for me to finish mine. Have fun! Smile

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.