ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmate Profile : Separate List of Registered

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/12/08 07:58 PM Views: 1311 Replies: 4
Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 7:58 PM

Hello.
Some classmates are asking if there is a way to separate the list of registered classmates from those who are still "missing" (or unregistered).
There are currently 89 "Active" classmates, and still 908 "Inactive". They find it difficult to browse through the list and see who are already registered so they can reconnect with those classmates.

Thank you.

Edited 08/12/08 7:59 PM
Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 9:33 PM - Response #1

No. Trust me, you don't want to change how your Class List displays. The entire system is set up so one person can invite another. If you took non members off your clast list you would thwart that feature big time.

Your Class List (your Classmate Profiels page) already shows who has signed up for the site because they have a green checkmark next to their name. Those who have not signed up do not. It's all keyed for very easy findability. Any person without a green checkmark can be easily clicked on by a Member, and invited to the site with an auto invitation from our system.

Further, you have a Missing Classmates page (which I see you have activated). This is the page where everyone who has not joined your site is listed (unless you specifically change the criteria for what constitutes a missing classmates, anyway). This Missing Clasmates page is yet another opportunity for one Classmate to invite another, and an easy way to see at a glance all Classmates who are missing.

Everything about Class Creator is viral. I.E. a major part of the way your site spreads is by word of mouth. Many features of Class Creator were designed to pull people in. That's how your site spreads and grows so fast. Give it a little time and you'll see it really does work.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 9:37 PM - Response #2

By the way, did you really have a thousand Classmates all from the Class of 1988? If so I think you just won the award for the biggest class I've ever seen. Looking at your Class List I kind of understand why your'e asking the question. If all of those Classmates are from multiple years, you may be interested in our upcoming alumni tools, which will allow you to break up your Classmate Profiles page into multiple years.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 at 1:08 AM - Response #3

Yes Smile those are all from class of 1988. There's 23 "day" sections and 3 "night" sections. (Most, if not all, of the students in the "night" sections work in the day and they go to class that starts late in the afternoon to early evening).

About the "Missing Classmates" option and the green check mark next the registered classmate, I agree with you about those. It's good to get an official response from "classcreator" that will back up my original thought. I was told on the forum by the person who asked about it that he was just making the recommendation (to separate the list of Active and Inactive classmates, much like the Guest Member) to spice up our website.
(That "spice up" phrase doesn't sit well with me because I have put a lot of effort and time to make the website interesting - added third party plug ins like chat, embed videos, countdown clock, etc. - but that's another story...)

Thank you for the response.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 at 2:41 AM - Response #4

No problem. I can in a sense see their point of view in this case, as they're having to scroll through zillions of Classmate names to find the few who have Profiles so far. It's an unusual situation with this many people in one class. Still, even with a class of 1,000, I suspect as you get more Classmates on board the perception of having to scroll a lot to find a little will lessen. The checkmarks and other little icons will quickly fill in the blank spaces as more Classmates come on board.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.