ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Slide Show

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/19/12 02:03 PM Views: 1361 Replies: 11
Monday, March 19, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I made a slide show with a program on my Mac computer called iMovie. I want to put it on our web site and cannot figure out how to do that. Anyone with a Mac that can help?
Sherri

Monday, March 19, 2012 at 3:04 PM - Response #1

I too have a Mac (LUV IT) and will be waiting to hear the answer to your question!

Where did you find the background paper on your homepage with your mascot on it?

Thanks, Judy

Monday, March 19, 2012 at 3:05 PM - Response #2

I'm waiting for a reply for the same question. We were planning to add all our picture we have to show at my husbands 50th reunion on our iMovie program also.
www.wichitawest62.com.

Karen

Edited 03/19/12 3:06 PM
Monday, March 19, 2012 at 3:13 PM - Response #3

Judy, We are also doing a Memory / Directory for the 50th reunion. What program are you using. I'm using Pages and then will covert it to a PDF. At this time we have over 60 pages. Who is doing your printing and what price are you charging?

Monday, March 19, 2012 at 3:15 PM - Response #4

I made the background paper on a web site but it was so long ago I don't remember. I will try to figure it out and let you know if I do. Sorry about that.
Sherri

Monday, March 19, 2012 at 3:17 PM - Response #5

Karen, another member of our committee is doing the Reunion Booklet. We are using a business in our home town to print it for us. We will be charging $10.

Monday, March 19, 2012 at 3:18 PM - Response #6

Thanks, Sherri. It is really cool. Hope you can find the info!

Monday, March 19, 2012 at 3:26 PM - Response #7

The only reliable way to get a video such as a slideshow to play on your ClassCreator website if you don't know how to write the embed code it upload the file to youtube or vimeo and copy the embed code they give you, and then place that code on your page using the Source view in the page editor.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 at 8:04 PM - Response #8

Hi Judy,
I still don't have an answer for the background but I finally got one of my slide shows up and running. I made it on iMovie than Eric told me to upload it to vimeo.com. The only thing it was too big and it wiped my page out. If that happens to you just go into Source and change the width to 400. Eric Bassey was so helpful! Thank you Eric!
Sherri

Monday, April 2, 2012 at 3:20 PM - Response #9

I used vimeo.com to make a slide show and the first one uploaded easy. I recently made another and keeps giving me an error message that it is too small also says only 238.008. It will not upload. I used iMovie on my Mac and did nothing different than the first one. I am so frustrated! I hope someone can help. I uploaded it on Facebook but I did not want it on my Facebook page so I took it off and of course that stopped it from playing on our site. If I use youtube will it be for the public to see like on Facebook? Can anyone recommend another site to use.
Thank you for your help!
Sherri

Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 2:36 AM - Response #10
InfoAndSettings.png

Sherri,
I imagine you found your answer by now, but we recently discovered that you have a choice of three Privacy settings: Public, Unlisted, and Private (see attached screen shot).
In order to get there you need to sign in, click Video Manager, then click "Edit" which appears next to each of your uploaded videos.
We're still learning, but are working on our "In Memory" tribute for this summer's reunion. Thus far, it has been storyboarded using Keynote, then converted to Quicktime before uploading to YouTube where committee members have been asked to help proofread. Eventually, we'll finalize and play back at the dinner using iMovie as YouTube doesn't seem to understand looping (replay of the same music track) to match the growing display of images.
If anyone is curious, the link is (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHCRZXC2Mpc). Admittedly, it's kind of long, but you can get an idea by watching the first minute or so.
Bob

Edited 04/15/12 2:37 AM
Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 6:43 PM - Response #11

Hi Bob,
No, I have not found my answer. In fact the slideshow I uploaded on You Tube ended up black and showing only the captions. At this point I'm in limbo not knowing what to do. I can't work on it right now because I have other things going on and am too busy. I sure appreciate your help and will check into your advice. I actually have to recreate the slideshow. I completely lost it. My backup was not working at the time. I am new at learning the Mac and it has been a challenge. I may have more questions later if I can contact you again.
Thank you so much!
Sherri

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.