ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Control of the Music

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 10/01/08 12:10 PM Views: 1254 Replies: 5
Wednesday, October 1, 2008 at 12:10 PM

Brad:

I have added music to the website on several pages. However, it occurred to me that some folks may find this constant music annoying. Is there an option available (now or in the future) to allow the participant to turn off the music for the existing session?

Peter Brohl
UCA1960.com

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 at 12:14 PM - Response #1

Did you add a "Playlist"??? If so, you don't have to add a player to each page. You can make it resident on say the Home Page and then provide instructions on how to listen to the player while browsing the rest of the site.

All you have to tell them is to click on "Pop Out Player" at the bottom of the player itself and that will open your player in a separate window. Then they can browse the rest of the site (or anywhere else for that matter) and close it when they've heard enough!

Hope that helps.

Christel

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 at 12:37 PM - Response #2

Peter Brohl wrote:

Brad:

I have added music to the website on several pages. However, it occurred to me that some folks may find this constant music annoying. Is there an option available (now or in the future) to allow the participant to turn off the music for the existing session?

Peter Brohl
UCA1960.com

Couple of answers for you:

1) You hid the player completely by setting the width and height to zero. Very creative. But, of course, now nobody has a stop or pause button on the page that can be pressed. You can always opt to show the player again if you want to.

2) Some people may complain about music that auto plays with now way to turn it off -- but let's face it, everybody has a mute button. And a volume button. Anybody can mute or turn down music in 1 second regardless of whether you give them buttons on the page or not... So, my personal opinion is roll with it... After all, this is not business kinda stuff here. This is about fun and entertainment. And that includes music. If anybody complains about the music, tell 'em to lighten up and press their mute button. Well, you can tell them in a nicer way than that... Smile But that's my opinion. This is about fun and I say let the music play on.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 at 1:23 PM - Response #3

I've had classmates tell me they go to the web site just to listen to the music.. I think the music adds so much to my site..
If your visitors don't want to listen, they can hit the sound button on their keyboard.

Lynda

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 at 1:37 PM - Response #4

It's funny you say that... my alumni tell me that they go to the class website to open the player as a pop out player and then they browse the site, pay their bills, surf Ebay, etc. One told me that she's so addicted she turns on the pop out player to do housework!!! LOL

Saturday, October 4, 2008 at 10:24 AM - Response #5

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'll take all suggestions under consideration.

Now I'm onto trying to do a slide show!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.