ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

I have a problem!

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/17/11 11:22 AM Views: 1093 Replies: 1
Monday, October 17, 2011 at 11:22 AM

When I click on certain tabs on the left side of my page, they take me only to the background of the page and no further. Won't allow me to edit. It has happened on the Wildcat Forum tab and also the manage classmates tab! What is wrong?

Monday, October 17, 2011 at 11:26 AM - Response #1

This usually happens when you are using Internet Explorer. Sometimes turning on the browser's compatibility view will fix the problem. It also seems to be related to having a background image and having Instant Messaging turned on.

It isn't a problem with FireFox.

Try selecting the "Tools" menu on the upper portion of your browser window (ALT-T). If you don't see "Compatibility Mode" there, then select "Developer Tools" from the menu. If you do see "Compatibility Mode" click on it to enable that feature, and it should fix the problem.

If you've clicked "Developer Tools" then look for the text that says "Browser Mode:" and click on that. It should bring up a menu on which you can click "Internet Explorer 8" to fix the problem. The page will reload, and then you can close the Developer Tools portion and go back to using your site.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.