ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

JOIN HERE LINK

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/10/13 02:50 PM Views: 841 Replies: 4
Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Hi,

I wanted my classmate profiles to be private to the general public but in if I do this...then those that have not signed up yet can't do so if they hit the JOIN HERE link.

Is there an override for this link? Or is there a way for a potential classmate to click on their name and sign up without the classmate profile link being open.

I do not want the classmate profiles to be viewable on the search engines...eg: google. It seems to defeat the privacy guarantee.

I was hoping the new upgrade would address this and I haven't seen anything..

Thanks,
Meg

Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 5:06 PM - Response #1

Just tell them to find their name on the MISSING CLASSMATE page. you don't have that page being password protected.

But the JOIN HERE link will always go to the Classmate Profiles page.

You could also have the classmates contact you through the "This page is password protected...Contact Us" page, then you send their individual link back to them and then they click that link to get the member wizard. For example, John Doe wants to join, but sees the password protected page. He says he wants to join. you tell him to click MISSING CLASSMATES and then click on his name. Or you go to Missing Classmates and click on his name and send him back his personal URL to join the website.

You already have a HOW TO JOIN WEBSITE link. Just change the link to click on to be "Missing Classmates" instead of "Classmate Profiles". You could actually make the text be a link so they could click the text "Missing Classmate" on that page if you wanted.

Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 8:37 PM - Response #2

Thanks for getting back to me. I made the few changes/links you suggested.

BUT why can't we have the JOIN HERE also link to the MISSING CLASSMATES? That would elminate the privacy issue of classmate profiles. I didn't even realize JOIN HERE automatically linked to the classmate profiles until I tried it without signing on. BUT locking it makes extra steps for the classmates.

They get discouraged if they have to do more than 2-4 clicks to get where they are going.

Could this be looked at as a possible change?

Monday, February 11, 2013 at 2:25 PM - Response #3

This has been passed along to programming for review. Thanks for your report!

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 12:33 PM - Response #4

Kool Beans!! Thank you for considering it!!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.