ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Eco Friendly Adhesive Name Badges

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/07/14 04:03 PM Views: 899 Replies: 9
Monday, July 7, 2014 at 4:03 PM

We are planning to go with the adhesive name badges for our October reunion. Some say it won't stick/paste to certain fabric... Anyone had this experience? By way of comparison to clip or pin nametags, which seems to be the easiest one to put on? Thanks...
------------------------------------------------

Avery 74461 Avery Clip Name Badges 2 1/4 x 3 1/2 - 8 badges per sheet Buy from Amazon
*** Avery 45395 (also listed as 5395 without the 4) Eco Friendly Adhesive Name Badges 2 1/3 x 3 3/8 - 8 badges per sheet Buy from Amazon
Avery 74652 Pin Style Name Badges 2 1/4 x 3 1/2 - 4 badges per sheet Buy from Amazon
Avery 74651 Clip Style Name Badges 2 1/4 x 3 1/2 - 4 badges per sheet Buy from Amazon

Monday, July 7, 2014 at 6:54 PM - Response #1

We bought lanyards and plastic sleeves for our nametags. After the reunion, we asked everyone to recycle their badge holders. Very Happy

Monday, July 7, 2014 at 8:08 PM - Response #2

If you are not doing lanyards than use the clip on badge holders!!! Those adhesives ones don't stick well..unless you buy the real good ones..that kinda feel like fabric.

Monday, July 7, 2014 at 8:13 PM - Response #3

We had a few that experiences this problem in 2010 - a box of 'straight pins' were obtained from a nearby 'dollar store' and that solved the dilemma.
[They are on my list for our 2015 reunion already! LOL]

Monday, July 7, 2014 at 9:21 PM - Response #4

Most women don't want to put straight pins in their fancy duds!!! Clip on are best...they aren't that expensive. We had our made professionally. @ about $5.00 a pc..they are really nice..and most people kept them..and wear them to the meet n greet's we have yearly after our biggie reunion in 2010.

Monday, July 7, 2014 at 9:44 PM - Response #5

We used lanyards with plastic holders. We printed on both sides of the nametag (using just the name on the back, instead of repeating our logo) because the lanyard can twist. We felt this was the only way to go. The adhesive labels a)don't stick well and b)can leave a mark on silk. And the clip on ones can be difficult to use on some fabrics and dress styles!

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 10:37 AM - Response #6

To all the admins ,

Thanks for sharing your nametag experience. Truly appreciate your comments, suggestions, what work best for you and how you remedied what didn't work.

The admin forum is a big help to anyone who's on their first reunion...Our group is multi year and six from Class 1966 decided they're going to wear the school uniform at the Meet and Greet. Well imagine someone in white blouse, blue skirt, white socks and black shoes and maybe the blue necktie too.!!!
Smile

Sunday, July 13, 2014 at 3:11 PM - Response #7

Thelma,
I hope you will share a reunion photo of those in uniform as it is a great idea for those who had uniforms in school! Of course, ask their permission with a thanks from me, for sure!
Smile

Dar, about your name tags. Were they solid (heavy) plastic with the imprinting done on them? I wanted to order name tags like that for our 40th but we did not have time. Also, no matter where they were made... you noted they were made professionally. By a printer, graphic artist? Printed by the designer or at an office supply store or printer?
Thanks! Smile

Great thread, everyone!

Sunday, July 13, 2014 at 10:23 PM - Response #8

Hi Gwen,
I'm sure we can arrange to do that. Thanks for asking. It'd be interesting to see other school uniforms - it saved us the stress of what to wear everyday...
Thelma

Monday, July 14, 2014 at 12:20 AM - Response #9

I did not have uniforms growing up but my daughter did - all twelve years and my son for eight. Loved that! Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.