ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Private Domain registration?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/19/08 11:41 PM Views: 1422 Replies: 5
Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 11:41 PM

Is your domain registration private? What is displayed in the WHOIS information for people who register domains with ClassNames.net?

Edited 11/20/08 12:07 AM
Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 11:51 PM - Response #1

It's Classnames.net. Classnames.net is really just a branded site of enom.com. I.E. we are actually enom. When you register a domain your info is in fact going to show up in a Whois search, just like any other Registrar. For $8 you can add privacy protection to your name though, in which case your identity remains concealed.

Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 12:10 AM - Response #2

Is that offered/explained when the domain is purchased? (did I miss seeing it?)

It shows your name, address, phone #, etc!
Thanks! Just went and purchased it! Now it's "locked".

Edited 11/20/08 12:16 AM
Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 12:13 AM - Response #3

Thanks for your prompt response, Brad. I'm not sure if I need to worry about this or not. The information that is visible there, with the exception of my e-mail address, is also available in any online phonebook search. I guess that's the concern, harvesting e-mail addresses for spamming purposes.

Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 12:14 AM - Response #4

Yes. When you go to www.classnames.net all information is there, including privacy options and the ability to add that feature. Many people do.

Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 2:37 AM - Response #5

Kevin Catlin wrote:

Thanks for your prompt response, Brad. I'm not sure if I need to worry about this or not. The information that is visible there, with the exception of my e-mail address, is also available in any online phonebook search. I guess that's the concern, harvesting e-mail addresses for spamming purposes.

Sure, I hear ya. I believe somebody would have to do a whois search to get your email address for spamming purposes. Bots and things are not likely to find it. At least, I don't think so. I'm far from an expert on techniques spammers use to pick up email addresses. I can only tell you that the privacy option is there should you want to be extra sure it doesn't become a problem.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.