ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

posting PDFs to galleries

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/15/12 04:40 PM Views: 1148 Replies: 2
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at 4:40 PM

I have a classmate who wants to send a photo of an elementary school class for our gallery of early class photos, but he wants to do it in a PDF form so that he can identify people in the photo for anyone who looks at it. Can PDF files be posted to galleries? Folks who look at the gallery would need to be able to see a thumbnail or some description of the PDF so they would know what to click on.

Joe Torgesen

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at 5:08 PM - Response #1

PDF files are not natively compatible with webpages. PDF files are fundamentally intended for use as PRINT documents, NOT web images.

There is no reason that any PDF document, including text captions, cannot be exported as a web-compatible image in jpg or png format.

Friday, August 17, 2012 at 12:25 PM - Response #2

Joe Torgesen wrote:

I have a classmate who wants to send a photo of an elementary school class for our gallery of early class photos, but he wants to do it in a PDF form so that he can identify people in the photo for anyone who looks at it. Can PDF files be posted to galleries? Folks who look at the gallery would need to be able to see a thumbnail or some description of the PDF so they would know what to click on.

Joe Torgesen

Perhaps not in the sense that you want but I often link to pdf files in the galleries. For example, if you go here, http://www.ocmsc.com/class_gallery.cfm?gallery_id=20921&community=y you'll see a couple of clickable jpg thumbnails that link to pdf files. The originals are Excel files that I convert to pdf. The pdfs are then converted to jpgs. I use zamar.com for these conversions.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.