ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Random name selector

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/08/19 04:30 PM Views: 932 Replies: 3
Friday, March 8, 2019 at 4:30 PM

We are enticing classmates to submit a prereunion survey, with cash. Submit the survey before certain date, get your name in the drawing. We are getting a great response. I downloaded and app on my phone called Daily Decision and I created my own list. You start the spinner and it randomly selects a name. Problem is, it won't let me add more than 32 names. Is there another APP anyone can recommend or is there an option in the Class Creator realm that would accomplish the same result?
Thanks.
Paul Pierce
See my site: www.Aquinas71.com

Friday, March 8, 2019 at 5:22 PM - Response #1

We do not have this function built into our system. I'm interested in what other admins may suggest.

Friday, March 8, 2019 at 11:14 PM - Response #2

Not sure exactly what is desired, but I did two different random pickers.

The first one is a random Fortune Cookie thing. It selects from about 1000 fortune variations I picked up (there are a few typos - that was a lot to proof read Confused ).

The second is a slideshow of all our classmates. It randomly picks one classmate to start the slideshow.

Both are on the top of our home page. Refresh the page and you'll see them change. You can also click on the Fortune Cookie text area and get a random new one (I forced a wait between clicks).

The Fortune Cookie one is extremely simple to set up. In your case, make a list of names to pick and it randomly selects from the list. There is no real limit per se.

Could add an animated spinning GIF to make it more "exciting" and then pop up a name. That would be pretty easy to do.

Like THIS ONE

Saturday, March 9, 2019 at 1:04 PM - Response #3

Jack,

I see the "fortune cookie" is the random phrases at the top of your page. May we have the 'easy to set-up' info, please?

Two other uses I thought of were:
- a reminder of classmates names. "Remember... (names changing vs. looking at profile list, which few do.)
- School events

As to Paul's question, it would be fun to see the name written on the fortune cookie slip, grab a screenshot and share the winner that way. Then I opt for a bit of humor whenever possible. Smile

About the photo slide show, I was not able to get it to work smoothly and gave up. If you find one that flashes individual photos on the screen stopping at the winner, that would be a perfect option in Paul's case and one I would use.

Thanks for the info!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.