ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Site Colors - I made a mess of it!

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/20/11 07:23 PM Views: 1246 Replies: 6
Sunday, February 20, 2011 at 7:23 PM

I admit it. I made a mess of my site. I thought it would be good to change the design of the page. I had Professional #6 and wanted to have the main page links across the top. Well, that was good but had way too much black. That is when it started... the changing of the colors. I've lost the good orange I had before I started changing. Yes, I know the code of the color but it looks horrible now.

Any suggestions and recommendations will be greatly appreciated. To those thinking, 'She should have left it as is'... you are right!

The first thing I wanted to do was to scroll down to find a recent backup. Sad Maybe with CC 3.0, eh?

Sunday, February 20, 2011 at 7:28 PM - Response #1

You may still be tweaking it but it looks ok to me right now? You're right of course, your previous primary color choice is not backed up anywhere. It won't be with CC 3.0 either. Any possible shade of orange can be entered though, my best suggestion is to trial and error it until you're happy. Smile

Sunday, February 20, 2011 at 7:53 PM - Response #2

I have to say it: If it works, don't fix it!

All in the spirit of fun...Margaret

Sunday, February 20, 2011 at 8:31 PM - Response #3

It really isn't as bad as you think. Try some kind of background that would eliminate the heavy Black color. That would help. Maybe the classmates or something seasonal?

Sunday, February 20, 2011 at 8:39 PM - Response #4

Margaret Ann Swanzey wrote:

I have to say it: If it works, don't fix it!

All in the spirit of fun...Margaret

There's one in every bunch, Margaret. I should have known it would be you! LOL Thanks, pal!

Sunday, February 20, 2011 at 8:43 PM - Response #5

Robert Cullen wrote:

It really isn't as bad as you think. Try some kind of background that would eliminate the heavy Black color. That would help. Maybe the classmates or something seasonal?

I've been searching, Bob. My system died and the hard drive will not run for me to retrieve the data, photos and graphics...sigh. I'm at a loss for something to fill the space. If I can find how another admin inserted photos on the edge of the text area, I may find a few to fill some space for the moment.

I know I had it all backed-up but for the life of me can not find it on my portable hard drive. Wonder if I saved it to another hard drive on one of my late nights...in my sleep.

Sunday, February 20, 2011 at 9:02 PM - Response #6
petsbridgewinter.jpg

Try this for a background. If you want I can send you a folder of backgrounds. Let me know and I can e-mail them to you.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.