ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Batch Upload Yearbook Photos

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/09/14 03:55 PM Views: 858 Replies: 7
Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Is there a way to upload many yearbook photos to the File Vault at one time and keep the original filenames?

We can only upload 1 photo at time via the File Vault uploader.

If we batch upload via Gallery Creator we lose the filenames...which is the classmate name.

Thanks for any tips

Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 4:41 PM - Response #1

Currently, no. Although this would be a nice addition someday. I will forward for future consideration. The best thing you can do for now is to divide an conquer. Divide the Classlist up among co-admins, and each of you do X number per day until finished.

Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 5:24 PM - Response #2

On one website I manage I uploaded those who had joined first, then as new members joined we added their picture and then welcomed them with a personal note, along with any new info that you wanted to promote.
The other site I added a little bit at a time, but made an announcement that it might be a while before I got everyone's Sr. picture loaded.
Good and bad to both ways - Those class members not recalling what one looked like they had to wait to see when I download picture. But as Admin. I knew who had joined the website if their picture was posted.
Also, I saved each full page and then copied and cropped the picture I was downloading with last name first, included page number, just in case I needed to find someone else on that page quickly. Does this make since??
Good luck on your project. kk

Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 6:12 PM - Response #3

Thanks Scott
As always, I appreciate the teams quick response.

Hey Karen!
This is a first for me; having a fellow admin member offer advise...and a good strategy it is...Thanks!

Back to the salt mine Wink

Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 6:42 PM - Response #4

I do the same thing Karen does. I just add pictures as people join. We have have 350 in our class and not everyone is interested in joining the website for whatever reason, so I only put up the photos of those who do.

Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 8:57 PM - Response #5

Thanks Joe

Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 10:57 PM - Response #6

Larry,
My co-admin (bless her heart) bit the bullet and started scaning, cuting, pasting, and uploading. It took a while, and we're still missing a couple who weren't in the yearbook (or a previous yearbook), but the end result is quite nice when viewing Class Profiles with the Yeabook Pictures option clicked. Lots of memories... And those display in In Memory, even if they never joined.

Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 11:06 PM - Response #7

Thanks John Go Huskers

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.