ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Email Filter for Attendees Only

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/01/14 12:03 PM Views: 865 Replies: 4
Friday, August 1, 2014 at 12:03 PM

The Email The Class page could use a filter to select only those that are attending (purchased a ticket?).

Sometimes you just want to email those folks.

Friday, August 1, 2014 at 2:01 PM - Response #1

It is already there. You access the filter through the Reunion Reports (Reunion Planner, REPORTS), then you choose the event you want to know about, for example "VSS Grad 74 Reunion Ticket Attendees", and at the bottom of that section, there is a button for "EMAIL THE FOLLOWING MEMBERS" and you can choose each of these choices:
[ ] Answered Yes for attending, and have registered (115)
[ ] Answered Yes for attending, but have not registered (1Cool
[ ] Answered Maybe for attending (3Cool
[ ] Answered No for attending (32)
[ ] Have not yet answered if attending (41)

Friday, August 1, 2014 at 2:30 PM - Response #2

Hmm. Seems kind of bass ackwards.

If one wants to send an email out the workflow is more likely to be be:
1. Compose the email
2. Select who to send it to.
3. Send.
All of these steps done in the Email The Class section.

The current workflow is:
Depending on who you want to mail, you either do it all in the Email The Class section or (if the proper filter set isn't available) start with the Reunion Planner.
1. Use the Reunion Planner menu item which takes you to a page titled Reunion Planner Reports - bit of a disconnect there. To me this sounds and looks like it's for producing reports for admins to view - nothing to do with sending an email. But, scroll down a bit and there's a button called Email The Following Members. This is confusing as it's not clear if pressing will automatically send out some preformated email based on the checked options above or maybe it enables the filter options below to appear on the Email composer page where it can be selected.
So press the button and hope for the best - and suddenly we're in the email composer. Wasn't expecting THAT!
2. After getting switched to the email composer, now compose the email OR
3. Since I already composed the email earlier, I have to save this blank draft, go to the one I already composed, copy that and go back to the blank draft and paste my message into the blank draft, retitle it and save it, and delete the original.
4. Send.

Rather convoluted. Why can't these filter options be listed along with the other options under "Select Classmates who..." in the email composer section?

Edited 08/01/14 2:47 PM
Friday, August 1, 2014 at 3:27 PM - Response #3

You can have multiple reunions and each reunion can multiple events. Having all of this information on the EMAIL THE CLASS filters section would make the page too busy. If you know the reunion and event you are interested in, you usually do a report about the information you are interested in. The report is specific for that event and so you can email those attending the event from the report page.

Any development having to do with the Reunion Planner will be placed on hold now because there is a new Event Planner that is planned to be released in the future. If your ideas are not implemented in the new Event Planner and it's tie-ins to the Email the Class module, you are welcome to make suggestions then.

Friday, August 1, 2014 at 3:31 PM - Response #4

OK Got it. Just, it's not very obvious unless someone tells you about it.
Thanks.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.