ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

my fav subject

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/10/11 08:17 PM Views: 1156 Replies: 5
Thursday, February 10, 2011 at 8:17 PM

I just received an email from a non-alumni telling me about the passing of his brother. I posted his comments and put his name at the bottom. When I post this it shows with my name as the poster. Is there a way to post this a like a generic post with no name attached? I know I would not want a member to post like this but I just mean in this case?
(Joseph Santilli '72) in case you want to see what i mean.

Thursday, February 10, 2011 at 8:25 PM - Response #1

couldn't you create an "Anonymous Guest" account. Then when you get something like this, just login as that guest and post the message, then logout. Would that work?

Thursday, February 10, 2011 at 8:56 PM - Response #2

I think that would work! Does this make sense or is this being overly concerned. I meant all we are really talking about here is my name at the top of the link. Maybe I am overthinking a little? Let me know what you think.

Thursday, February 10, 2011 at 10:29 PM - Response #3

You could even create the guest being the brother's name if everyone knew the brother. (unless he is already a member. He might think it weird that he posted, but he didn't really post it)

Thursday, February 10, 2011 at 10:59 PM - Response #4

Kyle Erickson wrote:

You could even create the guest being the brother's name if everyone knew the brother. (unless he is already a member. He might think it weird that he posted, but he didn't really post it)

I like Kyle's idea. You could include at the bottom of the text "Posted by Ray Guim on behalf of (brother's name)."

Friday, February 11, 2011 at 4:53 PM - Response #5

I beginning to think this is not really necessary. I like the "Anonymous Guest" idea but I don't really want to see a bunch of Anonymous's. I think I will just post it an put the sender's name at the bottom. Although I did have a problem when someone sent me something and they saw their name posted there and they did not like it at all. I really don't know why this would be a problem but I guess I can understand a little in that if you google your name and it comes up under an obit. I guess I can understand, a little. So the problem is not solved. I guess I will do each one individually.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.