ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Resend Optin email

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/24/14 01:14 PM Views: 932 Replies: 13
Friday, January 24, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Is there anyway admins can resend optin emails to classmates? by bulk vs singles if possible

Friday, January 24, 2014 at 5:18 PM - Response #1

No. The only way is for the member to log in and click the link that is in the logged in box that says Resend Opt In Email.

Friday, January 24, 2014 at 7:35 PM - Response #2

Hi Scott,
I was just going to ask the same question as David. I have several classmates that I am sure have neglected to check the box. I have gone to the "logged in" portion of the home page and do not see any boxes, only my name as logged in. Because I am the admin, do I not see it?

Friday, January 24, 2014 at 8:21 PM - Response #3

my question stems from me sending an email to all and in the list I see several members that have not clicked on their opt-in link

Are they current members eg will they get all communications?

Saturday, January 25, 2014 at 9:37 AM - Response #4

Here are some of the e-mail statuses:
INVITE SENT    You have already sent an email to this person, but the individual did not join the site. Always make sure your initial email asks the classmate to join the web site. Spam restrictions permit sending only one email to an email address until the individual joins the site and opts in to receive further emails. Any further contact can only be made through your own personal email until classmate joins. After joining and opting in, classmate can receive unlimited emails from this Email the Class feature in the future.
OPT-IN PENDING    This person has joined the class, but has not yet clicked the link inside the "Opt-In" email that was sent. Classmate must click this link to verify email address and receive additional emails. If necessary classmate can send additional opt-in emails by logging into the site, accessing the home page, and clicking to re-send opt in email.
OPT-IN DECLINED    This person has joined the class, but specifically opted not to receive any emails at his or her private email address. Classmate can still receive emails inside the Message Center feature of the web site.

After your first e-mail to the person after the new change was implemented, their status changes to "INVITE SENT" - they haven't joined the website yet. When they join the website, they are sent an Opt In Email and until they click the link in the email, their email status will be "OPT-IN PENDING". If they click the "OPT-OUT" link of the email, they will have "OPT-IN DECLINED" status.

All of these email statuses mean that the system will not send them another e-mail. Any further contact must use your own personal email account (not using the website) or Facebook, etc.

If a classmate is "OPT-IN PENDING" or "OPT-IN DECLINED", the system will add an additional link in Member Functions called "Send Opt-In Email". If you are already opted in, you won't see this link.

Saturday, January 25, 2014 at 10:07 AM - Response #5

Kyle,
Thanks for the above info, but it is not working on one classmate. This is actually the same classmate that all of her photos disappeared awhile back.
She has chosen the "Opt in" feature on the home page twice and it is still showing up that she has not opted in and cannot receive emails.
Please look into this for me.

Her name is Virginia Robles Pettus

Thanks,
Tracey

Saturday, January 25, 2014 at 12:32 PM - Response #6

She cannot just choose the OPT-IN on the home page. That will send the e-mail to her. She also needs to CLICK THE LINK IN THE EMAIL.

Has she done that? That is the only way for the"Opt In Pending" to be removed. She needs to click the link.

Saturday, January 25, 2014 at 12:40 PM - Response #7

Ok, that makes sense. I will ask her right now and let you know.

Your info helps me with the other 6 that have the same situation.

Thanks so much.

Tracey

Sunday, February 9, 2014 at 8:17 AM - Response #8

On this subject I'm more than a little concerned that all my recent new member applicants are showing as 'Opt-In Pending' when I go to send an 'Email The Class' message.

This can't be just a coincidence, surely?

Either they haven't received the Opt-In Email, it's not clear to them what they have to do, or something's not happening when they click on the link.

I'd appreciate it if you could take a closer look as I don't really want to have to keep Emailing all new members on a private basis to tell them what they should be doing.

Thanks.

Monday, February 17, 2014 at 11:25 PM - Response #9

I agree with Mark. This issue needs to be re-evaluated. I have a number of users who are computer-challenged and don't understand the concept of opt-in. I want to be able to send them communications from my site -- even though they haven't clicked 'opt-in' -- because I am certain I have their correct email address.

My suggested fix would be to allow admins to opt-in on behalf of the end user. That way, for the vast majority of the cases where I know the email is correct, I can move forward with those classmates and not have to explain what opt-in is all about.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 at 9:07 AM - Response #10

The only way you could opt-in for them is if you could also log in to their e-mail system and then click the link that is sent to them. There are new e-mail rules that in order to join an email system of a website, you must click the link that the website sends to you. There are spam filters on certain email processing systems that check for things like that. If you receive multiple emails from the system and you haven't opted in to receive those emails, they then mark the sender as a spammer and it hurts everyone else who is expecting to receive emails from that system (ClassCreator.com).

Tom, what you are desiring will not happen.

The Member Wizard is being modified slightly in the near future so that it should be easier for a new member to know what to do next.

Monday, February 24, 2014 at 12:35 PM - Response #11

Is there some element of the chicken and the egg here? If they have not yet received information that they need to whitelist the noreply address and they click the opt-in but they do not get the email to do it because the noreply is being considered as spam or junk by their provider, then what?

I hope that the member wizard modifications include the email opt-in as part of that process with a specific question.

Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 4:42 PM - Response #12

Can't help with the chicken and egg issue. But I suspect we have governmental regs to thank.

For Brad/Kyle/others, you have a typo in your website confirmation to somebody opting in. It says "send" instead of "sent."

Edited 02/27/14 4:43 PM
Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 1:29 PM - Response #13

perhaps you could enable a user to send an email to:
optin@classcreator.net?????

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.