ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Good morning Admins

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/02/13 10:18 AM Views: 879 Replies: 9
Monday, September 2, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I have removed a few pictures from my home page. There is a big gap now. How do I close this up so there are no bare spots? Thanks in advance and hope every one had a great long weekend!!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 2:40 PM - Response #1

Diane,

Edit site pages, click home page edit, put cursor under the item where gap starts, then just hit delete until space is filled.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 3:51 PM - Response #2

Hi Jodie,
Thank you so much for your help. I'm very appreciative of all the amazing school sites and your talents.

Cheers!Very Happy

Sunday, September 8, 2013 at 6:47 PM - Response #3

Hi admins,
Jody, I tried to back up but it didn't work. The first notice of school is saved. Then I have a huge gap in between my second notice. What am I doing wrong here?Embarassed

Sunday, September 8, 2013 at 7:34 PM - Response #4

Diane,

Go to the anouncemnet before the gap, put cursor there, and hit enter about 2 times. Then just keep hitting delete until the space come up. You might have to do that between items until you at the bottom.

Monday, September 9, 2013 at 9:18 PM - Response #5

Hi Jody,
I read through the entire ClassCreater "how to". I saw nothing that referred to this problem and I must be a real nut because when I tried what you suggested it did not work. Embarassed
I would really appreciate it if Brad or anyone who can do this for me, and then explain why I am having such difficulty I thank you in advance.

RazzCrying or Very sad

Monday, September 9, 2013 at 9:42 PM - Response #6

Here's a little trick that will help you fix all sorts of problems - click the Source mode button, upper top left in the editor.

Now you see your content in "source" mode or the actual code that is creating your page. It will look like text, some you recognize and some you may not.

What happens as you edit and change your page, the hidden elements are not always changed (or removed) correctly. So you need to do this manually.

In source mode, remove the sequence of these lines that are making all that blank space appear
Now click Source again to see your page in display mode.

This is also the mode you use to embed videos and all sorts of other special tricks.

Monday, September 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM - Response #7

Thank you so much Jack. I did what you said and it workedSmile
You are my "hero" of the day.Very Happy

Monday, September 9, 2013 at 10:21 PM - Response #8

You are welcome. Happy to help and have it work.

Thank you for the feedback. Cool

Monday, September 9, 2013 at 11:23 PM - Response #9

Whoa! We need a hero wall for Jack to hang his hat! Wink

Glad it worked, Diane! Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.