ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

PlayList plays WITHOUT code

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/17/13 09:52 AM Views: 1172 Replies: 7
Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Now that PlayList is allowing us to use its code on our pages, I'd like to stop it from magically playing on my Home Pages. (This site and TheStreatorHighSchool1958.com)

The code which I originally had in place and which hadn't played in quite a while, suddenly began playing again after the big upgrade. It was great to have the music back; but now that it's legal again, I'd like to make changes but can't since it's still invisible.

Please take a look.

Thanks, Carole

Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 10:31 AM - Response #1

Your playlist code can be found in the "Newcomers" announcement, at the bottom.

Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 11:38 AM - Response #2

If you'd like to keep the playlist on the home page but just make changes to the songs that are on it the easiest thing to do is find it on Playlist make the changes and you're done. The code you already have in your announcement will point to the now modified playlist.

Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 12:14 PM - Response #3

Now why would I put it in an announcement? I never would have looked for it there. Thanks, Kyle!

Carole

Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 1:02 PM - Response #4

The reason it is usually in an announcement is so it can easily be found/deactivated. But you should name the announcement PLAYLIST instead of "Newcomers" to find it easier next time.

Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 1:30 PM - Response #5

I've been putting the playlist codes on the first page of each section of my sites and thought I'd done the same on the Home Pages. I see now that it would be helpful to put it in an announcement on the Home Page. Thanks for the tip.

Carole

Edited 03/17/13 1:33 PM
Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM - Response #6

Here is another tip: if you know something is in an announcement, but don't know which one, go to Post Announcements and click VIEW for each active announcement. The home page will redisplay with only that announcement. If one of the announcements is causing the entire home page to be too wide, this hint will help you narrow down the problem announcement

Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 4:54 PM - Response #7

Thank you, Kyle. I'll remember that. I do appreciate your tips and help!

Carole

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.