ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

New Page Selection Options

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/12/15 11:39 AM Views: 809 Replies: 3
Monday, January 12, 2015 at 11:39 AM

Now that our 50th reunion is behind us, I am looking for ways to keep classmates engaged through the website. I was considering the possibility of having a page or pages where classmates could provide book reviews ( a virtual book club, if you will), movie reviews and/or travel reviews. Is there a way to create these so that classmates can add commentary without needing to use the What's New page. If the What's New page is the only option, is there a way of adding a sub-section to it? Also concerned whether there will be any memory/space issues. I welcome any suggestions.

Monday, January 12, 2015 at 8:22 PM - Response #1

Can the forum format you have work for you?

Monday, January 12, 2015 at 8:41 PM - Response #2

A great Picture Gallery is one of the most effective ways of bringing people to the site, and asking your membership to update their personal profiles with pictures. Schedule a breakfast about once a year or a luncheon to keep people fully engaged, and take lots of pictures. Schedule these events at the Golden Corral or a comparable location so that you do not have to advance fees to cover your costs and these types of events are not complicated. Contact me and look at our picture gallery, 35,000 have logged onto our home page.

Monday, January 12, 2015 at 10:53 PM - Response #3

Our Bothell High School Class of 1964 website still gets a good deal of use, although the use is primarily by a hand full of classmates. We have a “This and That” section, and depending on the titles of the messages it either gets no views, or several hundred. But regardless, not very many respond to the messages. Our most popular title is Favorite Hamburger Stands that got several hundred views but only a dozen posts. The same goes with birthdays, we have a few faithful birthday wishers, but most don’t participate. Our class is much more active on Facebook.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.