ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Animated GIF

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/07/11 03:25 PM Views: 1035 Replies: 4
Wednesday, September 7, 2011 at 3:25 PM

I was wondering if someone had some info on how to successfully make an animated GIF in Photoshop. I have tried & tried but it just doesn't work once I place it on my Class Creator Home Page. I'm working in PS CS 5 and used the animation window and manipulated the layers to make it appear to cycle through 3 photos. I then export it as a 420px wide animated GIF image. It works fine in PS and my browser. Once I upload and place it on my Home Page it is not working.

Any clues what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Best,

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 at 4:58 PM - Response #1

You can view a similar CS5 created animation on the home page at ReunionWebCoach.com. It's a series of testimonials.

It's possible that uploading the gif file resized the image which will keep it from working. (or did you resize it after uploading it?)

Try saving it elsewhere on the internet and use a link to it on your CC page as a test and work-around.

Edited 09/07/11 5:01 PM
Thursday, September 8, 2011 at 8:56 AM - Response #2

I tried it again. This time working with the correct home page width of 420px and it still does not work when placed in the CC home page. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. It works fine when I open it in Safari.

Thursday, September 8, 2011 at 9:48 AM - Response #3

Can you post the non-working image on the home page for a while?

Thursday, September 8, 2011 at 10:16 AM - Response #4

OK. I posted it in the Home Page content and made it visible to all. It is the photo at the very bottom. The one with the autumn road through the woods.

Thanks for your help! Laughing

Best

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.