ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Notify Options for In Memory

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/08/13 01:22 PM Views: 829 Replies: 2
Thursday, August 8, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I'm in the process of taking over admin responsibility for our web site and still in "Learning Mode", but my first In Memory addition brought up several questions.
For sites like ours which were created before the Notify Me feature was added, I'm still not sure who will get notified and who won't. In the new releases and features forum, one of the answers in the Notify Me thread says that the new/added options will be set to "Never" for existing classmaates. But when looking at the notify list from the statistics page, it shows me that most of the classmates - except for a few who saw the new Notify Me and set their choice of options - are "Not Marked" for all the new/added options.
So, several questons:
1) What's the default result for "Not Marked"? Do they get an email - or not?
2) Can I change the site defaults for those who have joined but never changed their options after the Notify Me was added?
3) And if not, can I change individual Notify Me options in classmate profiles?

Thursday, August 8, 2013 at 1:31 PM - Response #1

Those who have set their NM settings to receive the notifications will receive notice. If the member has not marked, no notification is sent. You cannot change the Notify Me settings for other members. We have Notify Me so that people only receive the notifications that they wish to receive and lower the concurrence of getting mail from our system flagged as spam. If you want to be sure that everyone gets a specific notification, use the Email the Class feature for your message. Unless the member has unsubscribed or has a bounced email address, the email will be sent to them.

Friday, August 9, 2013 at 10:04 AM - Response #2

Thanks for the quick reply. Although it was not what I'd hoped to hear, I appreciate the information.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.