ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Photo Gallery future?

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 01/21/13 04:09 PM Views: 984 Replies: 6
Monday, January 21, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Looking forward to the rollout of the new page edit with all the re-order & levels. We created the bulk of our site content using gallery pages as a way of extending the custom page limit. Are the gallery pages going to be included in the new custom page collection or will we need to convert them all to regular pages, now that those will be unlimied? Can we include galleries are part of the page level system when sets of photos relate to a higher level page? Or is the Gallery Creator still going to be a separate feature?

Monday, January 21, 2013 at 5:10 PM - Response #1

As I understand it, pages created in the Gallery Creator will just be added to the list of links on the Edit Site Pages page, and you can then organize them however you like. In the short term, this means that the ability to create pages will exist both in the Edit Site Pages and in the Gallery Creator (and in the Survey Maker).

Custom pages made using the old methods will be available to be managed exactly as they are now, but with some additional features available through the Edit Site Pages page.

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 11:05 PM - Response #2

Eric, I'm finding this not to be the case. Photo galleries that we created as separate pages did in fact show up in the list but I had to change their file type to htm before they would work--easy fix. But photo galleries created through Gallery Creator that were, shall we say sub-galleries, did not show up and I cannot figure out how to put them in the drop-down menu.

For example, our top photo link is called Photo Galleries and we were successful in creating a drop-down menu called Yearbook Photos with fly-out menus for those individual galleries. However, the other 7 galleries we have can only be seen by clicking the top Photo Galleries link; we're unable to create new links that will be in the drop-down menu. The link codes for the other albums are longer than 54 characters and therefore unusable. Do you have a work around for this issue? Thanks

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 1:36 AM - Response #3

For the sub-galleries you want to put in a fly-out menu, you still need to create a navigational link for each gallery you want in a fly-out menu. The navigational link is created in the Gallery Creator and then you need to associate that navigational link with the gallery. After you have each gallery in it's own navigational link, you can then add them to your fly-out menus.

In this case, "fly-out" and "drop-down" menus are used interchangeably.

Brad has asked the programmer to make the link names longer, so that there won't be a 54 character limit (maybe 128 characters, but I don't know for sure). Thank you for your patience.

Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 3:11 AM - Response #4

Hi Kyle, Thanks for responding to my issue. I followed your instructions as best I could but I still can't seem to get the galleries to appear on the new link page; even after associating the new navigational link with my older galleries. I've tried copying the gallery url into the new link url field but the system will not accept it because it doesn't end in htm or cpm.

Again, the only way they show up is when they're associated with the main link now called Photos. I suppose we could live with that if we have to but I was hoping to break them out farther to facilitate adding new pages. Is there any other way to associate gallery files with a new gallery link?

Edited 02/02/13 3:16 AM
Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 9:15 AM - Response #5

Dave,

I think you missed a step.

Go to Gallery Creator. Edit the Gallery (the gallery will also have a PHOTOS link) then change the Within Link: drop down to one of the newly created Navigational Links.

After you do that, the navigational link will appear in the Edit Site Pages page. An empty navigational link will not appear there.

Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 11:01 AM - Response #6

Kyle,

After a lengthy reply why I thought your instructions weren't working I noticed that they did work; I was just looking in the wrong place for the links. The were in the side panel instead of under the top Photos link. Many thanks for your help.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.