ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Activate "What's New" without the history?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/13/16 01:27 PM Views: 992 Replies: 4
Sunday, November 13, 2016 at 1:27 PM

I didn't activate "What's New" when it first came out but am now thinking it might be a feature to increase interest on the site. However, after viewing what would be initially made public, I would like to announce the change to the class first and then activate "What's New" from that date forward.

In other words, I want to warn them what's coming and then start the feed from that point in time

Can this be done?
Thank you much for your help!
Nancy

Monday, November 14, 2016 at 3:23 PM - Response #1

Certainly, you could use an announcement as an opportunity to educate the member on what the What's New page is and how it can be used.

Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 9:39 AM - Response #2

I think what Nancy is asking is, can "What's New" be activated without all of the previous posts. In other words, start fresh as of the date of activation.

If that is not her question, it is my question.

Jim

Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 12:37 PM - Response #3

Yes Jim. Thank you for chiming in. That's exactly what I'm asking them.

Our site is over 5 years old and they are used to a certain level of privacy in their conversations, and especially after previewing some of what would now be made public, yes, I definitely need to be able to warn them and then start the page fresh from that point.

Thanks for any help,
Nancy

Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 1:25 PM - Response #4

This is not possible because that page isn't really there in the database. When that page is displayed, the database for your website is searched for previous posts. The data is sorted with the most current information first. The information is posted to the page and then as you scroll down the page, the page refreshes with more data.

There is no cut-off date for when the search will end, so if they scroll down far enough, it will go to the previous month, and even previous year data.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.