ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

New Domain Name Transfer

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/14/14 02:05 PM Views: 952 Replies: 4
Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 2:05 PM

I have purchased the domain JacarandaIslander.com from Classnames.net.

Our site is currently Markridge.org.

I would like for users to be able to access the site using JacarandaIslander.com and also continue using Markridge.org with a transition period before Markridge.org goes away.

I don't want to screw this up. Can you make the change for me?

Thanks,
Woody

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 4:06 PM - Response #1

First off, look at your email for a pending verification that was sent to you from Classnames.net. An action by you is required. (1 domain are pending verification. In order for the domains to remain active you must verify the Registrant contact information.)

Once that is settled, you will want to log into your Class Creator site and go to the Register Domain page under Admin Functions. Enter the new domain name of www.JacarandaIslander.com as the new site address. Then, you can log in at Classnames.net and go to the management tools for Markridge.org. You will want to set up a redirect to the new domain name www.JacarandaIslander.com, by going to Registered Domains > Markridge.org > Host Records > Change the Dropdown for A to URL Forward for www and enter the other domain name.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 4:31 PM - Response #2

"You will want to set up a redirect to the new domain name www.JacarandaIslander.com, by going to Registered Domains > Markridge.org > Host Records > Change the Dropdown for A to URL Forward for www and enter the other domain name."88

There are "Standard Host Names" and "Custom Host Names".

There are "www". "@" and "*" rows in "Standard".
"www" and "@" have entered "69.41.171.62"

There are "Forums" and 3 blank lines under "Custom".

Which do I change?

Also, which is "Other domain name?"

Edited 01/14/14 4:35 PM
Wednesday, January 15, 2014 at 12:41 PM - Response #3

I believe all you will need to change is the one for www. You will change it to www.JacarandaIslander.com rather than the IP address.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 at 1:34 PM - Response #4

Done. Works perfectly. Thanks.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.