ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Duplicate entries on reunion survey

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/26/09 06:07 PM Views: 1342 Replies: 10
Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 6:07 PM

One guy answered some of the questions on our reunion survey twice. Can I fix? Can he fix? Can you fix? Thanks!!!

Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 6:42 PM - Response #1

That should be impossible. You can change your answers after completing a survey, but you can't have your results counted twice.

Who is this mysterious dual reunion survey answering guy anyway? Let me know his name and I'll check it out.

Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 8:13 PM - Response #2

Mike Cecil

Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 9:53 PM - Response #3

Oh I see what you're seeing. You're going under his personal name and you're seeing "Total responses: 2". That doesn't mean Mike's answers are being counted twice in the survey -- they're only being counted once. What that does mean is that Mike completed the survey (i.e. his first response) and then changed his answers and submitted the survey again (i.e. his second response). It's just a counter, and the (2)'s at the end of his answers are also indicative of a second submission. But rest assured, Mike is only being counted one time. Only Mike's final answers are reflected in your class totals.

Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 10:03 PM - Response #4

Sorry. Thanks for the help.

Friday, February 27, 2009 at 8:00 AM - Response #5

Okay. I looked again. For example, question #1: do you want to go to Wayne's hous.....after clicking on view the results (for everyone), Mike is listed twice - it adds up to 7 no responses and that includes 2 for Mike. I know I just must not be getting something, but...

Friday, February 27, 2009 at 11:55 AM - Response #6

No, you're getting everything perfectly... I'm the one who's not getting something. The first time I looked at the respondents I noted Mike Cecil was only listed one time, which is correct. What I didn't notice, though, is if you click on the #'s to expand out the respondents for any answer, you will see Mike Cecil being listed twice and counted twice. This is most definitely a bug. Thank you for noticing this! It's amazing it's been in there this long without anyone else pointing it out, but then, I suspect most people only submit a survey 1 time. For anyone to notice this they'd have to have a Classmate submit a survey more than once, and then be rather meticulous in their counting as well to actually spot the discrepancy. So, thank you for being meticulous -- good catch!

Friday, March 6, 2009 at 8:15 PM - Response #7

Thanks for fixing the # of classmates answering the reunion survey. I wasn't going to bother you about it!

Friday, March 6, 2009 at 9:50 PM - Response #8

Apparently Kevin got to that task. Sometimes I'm the last to know. Smile

Friday, March 6, 2009 at 9:52 PM - Response #9

I keep forgetting there are other people besides you and Jessica. Regardless, thanks!

Friday, March 6, 2009 at 11:49 PM - Response #10

Fortunately for all of you, "the others" are out there working on Class Creator every day. Both Jessica and myself don't know one lick of programming code. If we did, we'd probably hang out working in dark closets, never to see the light of day, like the rest of our programmers.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.