ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Root administrator info

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/20/19 09:08 PM Views: 377 Replies: 2
Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 9:08 PM

If I designate a new root administrator - with his permission - does he receive any type of auto message about the do's and don'ts of being the root administrator, or is it my responsibility to inform him? For example, I recently had a classmate ask me for a list of classmates' emails. I informed that classmate that this was not permitted and why. I would not want the new root administrator to fall for this request. And of course, there are other things the root administrator should not allow. At one point I had to disable the Message Forum for a week or so because the discussion had become inappropriate. I then deleted all the posts in that discussion before re-activating the Message Forum. That sure got their attention. I've had no more problems with that.

Thanks,
Doreene

Sunday, July 21, 2019 at 6:33 PM - Response #1

If you designate a new Root Admin, we don’t do anything. You need to provide the training. We don’t enforce any rules, so you need to make sure you make a good choice. You will be giving up ownership of the website and they will be able to do whatever they want with the website.

Sunday, July 21, 2019 at 8:42 PM - Response #2

OK, thanks. That's what I needed to know.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.