ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Accidental unsubscribe

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/29/13 02:21 PM Views: 1467 Replies: 20
Monday, July 29, 2013 at 2:21 PM

classmate inadvertently clicked unsubscribe when trying to join. How do I re-notify him to join?
Margaret

Monday, July 29, 2013 at 2:59 PM - Response #1

You can go to Manage Classmates > Enter / Edit Classmates > Details > Look for Receive Site Email and check the checkbox.

Monday, July 29, 2013 at 3:56 PM - Response #2

Okay--I must be blind. I am on that page and there is no receive emails to click.

Monday, July 29, 2013 at 4:09 PM - Response #3

This is the message I get:
Sorry, clemons@emory.edu has requested not to receive any further emails.

His name is Clark Lemons--maybe you can do it.

There is show as guest, missing override, make administrator but no send emails.

Edited 07/29/13 4:12 PM
Monday, July 29, 2013 at 4:41 PM - Response #4

It appears to me that you were able to get it going. I think he is all set.

Monday, July 29, 2013 at 4:55 PM - Response #5

I will check again. When I tried to send another invite to join, it gave me that same message that he chose not to receive emails.

Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:00 PM - Response #6

I tried again and this is what comes up. Do I need to log out or restart my computer?

Sorry, clemons@emory.edu has requested not to receive any further emails.

Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:14 PM - Response #7

Maybe a quick reboot is in order here. When I checked the email the class list and looked to send a message to that member, there were no flags listed.

Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:18 PM - Response #8

A reboot worked. Thanks so very much.
All of you are so wonderful!
Have a great day.
Margaret

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 at 12:02 AM - Response #9

You won't see the "Receive Site Email" checkbox unless the classmate has clicked UNSUBSCRIBE link in one of the emails sent from the system.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 at 6:57 AM - Response #10

I have a few members whereby the "notify flag is off" is seen as I am creating an email and getting ready to send. It's assumed these folks clicked on an "unsubscribe' link either intentionally or unintentionally. Question: other than un-subscribing - what would cause a member not to receive emails? I am NOT seeing the Receive Email option in the DETAILS for the few "notify flag is off" profiles I've looked at . Question

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 at 9:14 AM - Response #11

You can see a list of classmates who have the NOTIFY FLAG OFF by going to this page. www.YOUR_DOMAINNAME_HERE.com/class_admin_members_notifyoff.cfm
Replace "YOUR_DOMAINNAME_HERE" with your actual domain name

Classmates who have JOINED your website (have a password) but have changed their NOTIFY ME page to NEVER be notified when "An administrator sends an email to all Eagles (strongly recommended)" can be found on your STATISTICS, Notify Me Statistics list. You currently have 4 classmates who don't want any contact from your EMAIL THE CLASS.

Classmates who have a bounced e-mail address and haven't corrected the problem yet will also not receive an email.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 at 11:34 AM - Response #12

I never did see that particular check box. I finally had to uncheck his "flagged" name in the email the class list and then reboot.
No matter what, I finally got it but it wasn't that simple--for me anyway.
Thanks again--you all are great!
Margaret

Thursday, August 1, 2013 at 2:18 PM - Response #13

Okay. This has done it again with the same person and I just cannot find the box to check to be or not to be notified.
Help!

Thursday, August 1, 2013 at 2:29 PM - Response #14

The email address that you refer to above is for someone who does not appear to be a member of your site. I believe the only way to change this for this classmate is for them to join / become a member of the site.

Edited 08/01/13 2:30 PM
Thursday, August 1, 2013 at 2:48 PM - Response #15

He isn't. He notified us that he wanted to join, we sent him an invite, he inadvertently clicked unsubscribe. He said it was a mistake so I have been trying to send invites and keep getting told that he doesn't wish to receive emails. You all said there was a box to click under their email on the detail page and I haven't found it.

Thursday, August 1, 2013 at 2:57 PM - Response #16

You do not need to send him an invite for him to join the site. He simply needs to go to the classmate profiles page to join.

Friday, August 2, 2013 at 1:31 PM - Response #17

Could you please provide her first initial and last name so we can review?

Monday, August 5, 2013 at 5:31 PM - Response #18

Sorry. I don't recall. Where do you want me to remove references to her from?

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 at 11:54 AM - Response #19

Debbie,

Brad and I took a look at this. We thought that her Notify Me settings may have been set to still send her notifications. However, when I logged in, all NM settings were set to never. Is it possible that either you or a family member recently made a change to her NM settings and that this is no longer occurring? If not, please give me a call so that I can clearly understand what is going on so that I can better assist. Smile THX 734-340-3102

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 at 1:10 PM - Response #20

Thanks. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.