ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Event Page keeps disappearing

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/15/16 12:08 AM Views: 1369 Replies: 12
Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 12:08 AM

Hello all. On two separate occasions, the "Ticket Information" (Event page) has found itself at the end of the "Edit Pages" list. Sometimes it actually appears on in the menu selection list in that position, sometimes not. Both times, I didn't notice it had moved until a fellow classmate pointed it out. (They couldn't figure out how to purchase tickets). The first time it happened, I had been editing the page, so perhaps I did something (wrong) to cause it to appear at the list. I certainly didn't move it. The second time it happened (just recently) I was nowhere near the Event Page...I had been working in the Photo Gallery. The last time I was anywhere near the 'Event' page (which is a flyaway page) was a week ago. I know the 'Ticket Information' page was in the correct spot when I added a second flyaway menu.

ShockedRolling EyesQuestion

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 3:40 PM - Response #1

Thank you for the details. I will let the programmer know. Please let us know if this happens again before you turn the page back on so that I can document. Thank you.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 1:51 PM - Response #2

Now I have another problem. The ticket purchasing options (events) will not show on the page. When I see it in the preview page, it shows fine, but when I publish it, the two events no longer show. QuestionRolling Eyes

Edited 03/16/16 2:17 PM
Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 2:27 PM - Response #3

You have Tue, Mar 15, 2016 set as the registration deadline and therefore the events were removed from the page.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 3:29 PM - Response #4

oh. I didn't realize the event (ticket purchase) would disappear once the date passed.

Monday, March 21, 2016 at 10:07 PM - Response #5
Capture.JPG

It did it again! Fortunately, I caught it myself vs. having it reported. I still don't know the chain of events, but I do know that I edited my "Logging On Via This Site", as well as some classmate information on the 'In Memory' page.

Interestingly enough, while writing this post, I was looking at my site, and noticed my Donations page was missing as well. Sure enough, there it was at the bottom of the 'Edit Pages' list. That just happened. I moved the 'Ticket Information' page to its proper slot, so everything was as it should be. Then suddenly, there's the 'Donations' page at the very bottom of the list.

I will keep an eye out when tweaking any pages to see if I can spot when this happens. Shocked Here's a JPG.

Edited 03/21/16 10:22 PM
Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 12:11 AM - Response #6

what computer and browsers do you use regularly? Do you notice using a different browser when it happens?

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 1:17 AM - Response #7

Well, I use Chrome exclusively on all 3 of my computers. I know this problem has happened on two of three computers, both running Windows 10. I have a Windows 7 machine I can use along with a different browser. Sad However, I can try using a different browser, but since I don't know when it happens, it may be hard to predict. I will try to remember to use a different browser the next time.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 7:20 AM - Response #8

Just wondering - have you made changes to the reunion with only the website interface or with the Facebook App, too.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 9:45 PM - Response #9

Website only.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 2:22 PM - Response #10

Has this happened at all recently? I have not had any new reports of this issue.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 5:39 PM - Response #11

Yes it did. However, when it did, or by the time I noticed it, the reunion was over. However, I do know I was working with the gallery pages.

Monday, April 25, 2016 at 10:56 AM - Response #12

This should now be resolved. They seem to have found the mystery code that was the culprit.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.