ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Other non-profits and online payments

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/07/11 02:57 PM Views: 1149 Replies: 5
Wednesday, September 7, 2011 at 2:57 PM

I just completed a reunion on my high school site and it worked like a charm. Loved the ability to pay online. I also administer the International Friendship Club (IFC) site. We have over 400 members who pay an annual membership fee of $500-600 pesos and run twice weekly home tours at $450 pesos per person. We would also like to be ablest accept donations for our Cleft Palate Surgery program through the website. We have been trying to set up a PayPal account although it has been very difficult working with PayPal of Mexico. Anyway, I was wondering if we couldn't just set up these items like a reunion and people would charge and then we would transfer money to our bank account. We have an account in Puerto Vallarta at Scotia Bank.

If a member pays dues it would populate their info however when tourists/ non-members go to the site to charge a home tour I guess they would have to fill out the form. This would be a significant amount of money as we usually tour 80-100 people a week for 6 months a year. Do we need PayPal to do this or can we run it through Class Creator?

Thanks!
Janie

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 at 3:53 PM - Response #1

The only way that someone can fill out a Reunion Survey is if they are a member of your website. if you have visitors/non-members looking at your site, the only way they could donate is through the DONATE button. All of your members could continue to donate through the "Reunion Planner".

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 at 6:39 PM - Response #2

So what you are saying is there is no way to modify this so we can have people sign up and pay for our home tours through the website? that is a disappointment and also a substantial loss of revenue opportunity for CC. Can you talk to Brad about this?

Thanks,
Janie

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 at 6:43 PM - Response #3

As a continuation of the previous message. What about making non- members guests of our site so they can pay for a tour or something along those lines. Just trying yonthink of a workaround. I imagine we are talking about $30-40k a year being charged.

Thanks,
Janie

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 at 7:33 PM - Response #4

Some websites have multiple guest accounts or classmate accounts, first name "Join", last name "Now1", "Join Now2", "Join Now3", etc. then the classmate/guest can click on one of the JOIN NOW members, join the website and if you don't have Member Verification turned on, they immediately have access to your website and can then make your donation through the reunion planner.

When they join using the "Join Now1" username, they would fill out the member wizard and change their name to their real name "John Smith".

Just tossing you back some ideas. I am not sure how well it would work for you.

Sunday, October 9, 2011 at 12:22 PM - Response #5

Hi Janie,

Unless I missed something of importance, I would suggest a third site. My reasoning is to protect the privacy of your members while giving you the options you want. You can add a link to each site for the other, which will bring them together - so to speak.

It could be a simple site with a page for the Cleft Palate Surgery program and one for tours. You can turn off other pages except the home, registration (profile) and donation/payment page (reunion planner). It would not require much attention, unless there are additions to the program or tours. A long term subscription is affordable with the $30K+ income you noted.

The registration of those donating and taking tours gives you info to send thank you notes and other info. You can always offer a 'unsubscribe' to anyone who does not want the emails.

I like the CC payment option with direct deposit. That takes into consideration the fee, but it is well worth it not to have to handle the funds physically.

Just my thoughts and what I would consider.

- Gwen

(These are my personal comments. I am not employed nor a consultant for Class Creator. I am a site administrator who enjoys providing sites for fellow alumni at www.mchs1970.com & www.mchenryalummni.com and information for others, such as the chat site at www.classcreator.com/chat.)

Edited 10/09/11 12:26 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.