ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Too much space

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/04/10 09:36 PM Views: 1181 Replies: 4
Saturday, December 4, 2010 at 9:36 PM

My home page has become distorted and all of a sudden I have tons of blank space when it displays. When I go in to edit the page, even to look at the HTML code, I can't figure out how to get rid of the space. Brad or one of the other programmers, can you help me get rid of it?
thank you, Sue Hall

Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 12:51 AM - Response #1

Sue,

You had several slide shows that were 426 width. The maximum is 420. When I changed the widths, everything popped back into place.

Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 5:26 PM - Response #2

Thanks a lot!

Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 5:36 PM - Response #3

Okay, crying Uncle! I have a couple of other pages from which the slide shows have disappeared. I have gone into the source code and written in "420" for the width but they still are not showing up. They are from photobucket. They have previously worked (a long time ago). Did specifications for pages on the site change over the past year?

Anyway, if you could take a peek at Faculty/Staff pix and Sachem/Choir; go into source code and see all the stuff that's there that's not showing, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thx
Addendum: This seems to be a browser issue. I can see my content when I launch with Internet Explorer but not when I use Mozilla Firefox, which is my default browser. Got any ideas on how to approach this so content is viewable in all browsers? Should I redo the slide shows using classcreator's proprietary program?

Edited 12/05/10 6:00 PM
Monday, December 6, 2010 at 3:52 PM - Response #4

I took at look at the code for your Photobucket embedded object and it looked okay to me. I'm unable to pick out a specific issue that would cause it to not show in Firefox/Mozilla. You could get new embed code from Photobucket and save the new code to the page, but if that does not work, using our Gallery Creator slide show feature may be your next best bet. Sorry I wasn't able to find the fix for FF... I can usually spot these issues in the code.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.