ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Slide Show Presentation

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/26/23 12:00 PM Views: 284 Replies: 6
Monday, June 26, 2023 at 12:00 PM

We just had our 60th Reunion. Through a process, I created jpg files of each person who had passed (they are listed in the "In Memory" Section). I used the folder having 120 jpg files in "Windows Media Player" to rotate through the photos which also contained the person's name and year of death. I used my Laptop during the Reunion to continue the rotation until I stopped it.

Is there any way to provide this kind of function on my High School Website on ClassCreator?

Thank You
Dave

Monday, June 26, 2023 at 2:47 PM - Response #1

Hi David,
Check out the following Class Creator Administrator Topic:
(JVPhotocube)
Your text to link here...
Below is a link to a page that displays three(3) different ways to do what you want:
1. Commoninja (commoninja.com)
2. Elfsight (elfsight.com)
3. JVPhotocube (Class Creator)
Your text to link here...

The photos will need to be uploaded to a location where they can be accessed by everyone (CC File Vault, AWS, Smugmug,IMGUR,etc.)

Edited 06/26/23 8:15 PM
Wednesday, June 28, 2023 at 10:50 PM - Response #2

Phil,
Of the three you shared, which do you prefer?

Thursday, June 29, 2023 at 1:31 AM - Response #3

Hi Gwen, we use all three of the products - just for different applications. Of the two paid products, we use commoninja the most. It has the most options available. Jack's JVPhotocube is also excellent since it provides five different formats and is FREE.
If $4.99 a month is not an issue I would choose commoninja.

Edited 06/29/23 1:51 AM
Thursday, June 29, 2023 at 9:07 AM - Response #4

And, of course, you can use your web site's Gallery Creator to load the photos into a new Gallery - which can be set to display them all as a slide show.

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 at 6:57 PM - Response #5

Yes, I am aware of Gallery Creator's slideshow, which is why I am back.

I realize I can link to a gallery. That shows the photos in the gallery. I'd prefer to place one image on a page and link it to the slideshow of a particular gallery. The end result should be to click on an image that opens the slideshow.

Edited 07/11/23 6:59 PM
Tuesday, July 11, 2023 at 11:39 PM - Response #6

That's possible

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.